CAD Packaging Engineer - 34099 - up to £2630
This is a key role in Powertrain PTSE with responsibility for the packaging of Cooling systems into new vehicle architecture and transferring the overall package into feasible component design proposals with the support of a team of Component Engineers. Powertrain Fuels & Cooling department is organised into component groups that call upon CAD Engineer resource to take concept design proposals from the Advanced Product Creation (APC) team, refining and driving those designs into production.
The department supports all product lines in the portfolio. The overall responsibilities include:
- Assess the duration for individual design requests in order to enable efficient planning of overall design phase.
- Support the UNV/UPV process and populate system DS's to meet project milestones.
- Management of CAD data in line with company requirements.
- Represent Cooling/Fuels departments in package review meetings.
- V5 & V6 CATIA experience for both packaging and detailing of Engineering drawings.
- Teamcentre trained with releasing experience.
- Experience with of routed components i.e. Pipework, harnesses etc
- Understanding of Powertrain installations, having ideally worked in a Fuels or Cooling area or a packaging discipline.
- Have a working understanding of GPDS or have knowledge of the key CAD contributors to programme delivery.
- Minimum 3 years in Automotive Engineering.
- Flexible, motivated with good communication skills and able to present information in a concise and factual manner.
- Proven ability to manage own workload and contribute information to support overall departmental CAD planning activities.
Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a Mechanical Engineering discipline
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959277962