Corporate Buying Assistant
We do things our own way at Aldi. But whatever we're doing, we must be getting it right.
With a wave of impressive sales figures behind us, we're opening 80 new stores per year. And to keep on top of that wave, we have to do something pretty special to keep our customers coming back for more.
Our buying teams – if it's possible – have to move even quicker than the rest of the business. And they have to keep ahead of our customers too: second-guessing what they want and need before they do. As a Corporate Buying Assistant, it's your job to free-up your Buying Director so they can do theirs.
You'll get involved in every aspect of the buying lifecycle – from putting together tender documents and crunching numbers, preparing sampling and reviewing market data. The proposals start with you.
We are looking for proactive individuals to work in our award winning buying team. Based in our Head Office in Atherstone, a very competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the right candidate. This is a great opportunity for a professional and capable individual looking to join a dynamic department.
- Product management
- Supplier performance management
- Assisting with the full tender process alongside Buying Directors
- Competitor benchmarking and shopping
- Contracts and invoices
- Due diligence and product compliance
- Supporting Directors with product development and maintenance
- Managing meetings
Essential Experience and Skills:
- Buying background
- Retail and commercial knowledge preferable
- Ability to confidently communicate at all levels
- Strong organisational and IT skills
- Able to work unsupervised to prioritise, multi-task and deliver
- Flexible and able to adapt to the changing demands of a fast paced business environment
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76764121