Senior Manufacturing Engineer
A Senior Manufacturing Engineer is required to cover all new project implementation and ongoing project management for the sub-contract manufacture of specialist aluminium components and sub-assemblies. Our Client is looking for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer who will be able to deliver their sub-assemblies and finished products to their customer's needs whilst achieving targets for timing and budgets.
The manufacturing processes include: aluminium extrusion forming, complex CNC machining (incl. castings) and TIG welding - training can be provided. Main industries include: automotive, rail and aerospace.
- Costing & quotes including technical feasibility, quality requirements, tolerances, capacity, tooling planning & estimates, production time, material estimates and nurturing customer relationships
- New project implementation, ongoing project management and customer & supplier liaison
- Quality control involvement
- Customer and supplier site visits will be required
- Day-to-day contact will include collaboration with: Technical Director, Production Manager, Engineers, Quality Manager and other members of the technical team.
Experience and expertise:
- Practical engineering background in CNC machining
- Excellent CAD/CAM software skills
- Able to work proactively as part of a team and alone
- Practical engineering background in tool-making
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good time management and ability to prioritise
- Good level of IT literacy (Microsoft Office etc)
- Degree, HNC/HND, City & Guilds or Apprentice Training advantageous
If you are an experienced Senior Manufacturing Engineer with an industrial metals background and you seek an exciting role with a manufacturer who has a reputation for quality, reliability and outstanding customer support, then please click on the link to apply or contact Ed Smith - Automation Recruitment Specialist - or call **************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959275536