Credit Risk Analyst, RBWM, Birmingham, 9RN6
Some careers shine brighter than others.
If you're looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves more than 50 million customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Credit Risk Analyst.
In this role, you will:
- Develop, maintain and improve credit risk strategies and decision systems
- Identify, test, and promote new tools, techniques, and data sources
- Define and provide analyses to manage credit portfolios against agreed performance indicators
- Work on a range of analytical projects with minimal guidance
- Provide support to business areas where queries arise regarding risk strategies
- Control, review, monitor, and manage aspects of Credit Risk
- Ensure that the losses experienced by the portfolios are controlled and predictable
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Role relevant qualifications e.g. Educated to degree level in a numerate subject is essential
- Past working experience on relevant systems
- Experience of using relevant software packages, e.g. SAS/SQL/Microsoft Office
- Experience of using the following is desirable - Python, MATLAB, Cobra, Visual Basic
- Experience working in relevant market/context
For further details and application information please click "Apply" or visit our careers site, searching under reference 00009RN6.
We are required by the Financial Services (Banking Reform) Act 2013 to create a ring-fenced bank in the UK by 1 January 2019. Entirely new from the ground up, HSBC UK's head office is opening in Birmingham. The location of this role will move to our new state of the art offices at 2 Arena Central during 2018. Alternatively can be based in Sheffield or Leeds.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by HSBC Bank Plc.