We are currently recruiting a Maintenance Technician position for a leading automotive manufacturer in Birmingham. This position, working a 3 shift rotation (6-2, 2-10, 10-6), has been newly created and the successful candidate will be part of an important team carrying out PPM repair work on all site machinery.
This position represents a great opportunity for a Maintenance Technician to join a world-renowned manufacturer at their Birmingham base. The business has a great reputation both locally and on an international scale and the Maintenance Technician will be working on state-of-the-art premises. The successful candidate will ideally be multi-skilled but applicants with an electrical engineering background will also be considered.
- Reactive and preventative maintenance on site machinery and equipment.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement on PPM schedules
- Involvement with engineering improvement projects to support the wider business
- Manage critical spare parts stores
- Review and improve reactive support facilities includes procedures and line-side documentation
- Support the wider team with breakdowns
- Look to ensure breakdowns of equipment is rectified swiftly
- Ensure compliance with site health and safety regulations
- Support with Project Engineering for capital equipment engineering projects.
The successful Maintenance Technician will have the following background and knowledge base:
- Ideally have a background with robots and PLCs
- Background in fast-paced environment - open to industrial or FMCG
- Ability to thrive under pressure
- Self-motivated - always looking to support
- Relevant qualifications in electrical engineering field e.g. Apprenticeship, HNC or 17th Edition
- Ability to manage own work load
Salary from £30,000 - £38,000
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76771184