Electronic Technician - Aerospace
UTC Aerospace Systems Marston Green is a $300m turnover Repair and Overhaul site employing some 310 employees across two operational modules.
The business operates a variety of working patterns including days, double day work and nights.
Job Description Summary:
- To evaluate, build and test electronic control systems in accordance with relevant customer, design and quality procedures meeting all customer specifications and expectations
- To meet turn around time and output targets by adopting a flexible approach within the team and carrying out all tasks directly impacting upon turn around time including document processing and product conformance/release.
- Apply appropriate quality assurance techniques and accept responsibility for individual and team standards.
- Actively participate in ACE and lean improvement activities.
- Assist, through training, in the development of colleagues.
- Maintain all relevant operational control processes such as visual management boards/IT systems and planning schedules.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Team Indicators
- Quality compliance
- Turn around time reduction
- Improvements to value added/£ payroll.
- Arrears Reduction
- Due date adherence
- Individual indicators
- Skills flexibility
- Electronics experience and qualifications (HNC, HND) or equivalent
- Experience in a high technology Electronics engineering business
- Attention to detail, methodical approach
- Willingness to work flexibly
- High level of motivation
- Electronics experience and qualifications (HNC, HND)
Each employee is expected to not only adhere to established Environmental, Health & Safety policies and procedures, but also to bring to the attention of line management conditions that may warrant improved EH&S practices. Working safely and following sound environmental practices is a condition of employment at Marston Green.
From time to time the successful candidate may be required by the Company to perform other tasks which are not included in the above description, but are within the capabilities of the individual and where necessary training will be given.
Standard Hours: 37
Working Pattern: For the initial training period the working pattern will likely be a day shift (Monday ? Thursday 08:00 to 16:00 and Friday 08:00 ? 15:30). After this period the pattern will change to either double days or a permanent night shift (for night shift an additional premium is payable).
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959278657