Retail Apprentice - Donnington, Telford
Full time, 30 hours, £7.61 per hour
Varied shifts based on store opening hours - 6am to 11pm
Please be aware that for this store, applicants must be aged 18 or above due to alcohol, licensing and health and safety legislation.
Apprenticeships don't have to be a Plan B. At least not at the Co-op. Our retail trailblazer programme is designed to really set you up for success, and propel you into the world of retail. You'll get all the support you need; from area and store management, the learning provider and our very own learning and development teams. And unlike a lot of retail apprenticeship programs, you'll receive a full time salary and won't have to pay anything towards your learning, we'll even give you an iPad to help you with your studies. Our program has been so successful this year that one of our apprentices has been nominated for 'retail apprentice of the year'. And if you do a really great job, there's no reason why you can't work your way to management roles quickly.
Being a retail trailblazer isn't just stacking shelves. It's so much more. You'll complete 11 core modules such as brand, marketing, product and team, to name a few, showing how you've learnt it, shown it and lived it. 20% of your time will be spent completing these modules through interactive technology, wherever's most convenient for you. When you're scheduled on shift within store, you'll get involved in supporting in a variety of ways, such as serving customers, replenishing stock, helping offload deliveries, improving your product knowledge and merchandising the store.
What you'll do:
* complete 11 core modules during your 8 learning hours per week
* use interactive workbooks to support your development
* learn how specific departments in the store operate
* serve customers on the shop floor and at the till
* improve your knowledge of the products that we stock
* help merchandise the store
* replenish and perform stock rotations
* support deliveries by offloading cages and refilling the warehouse
* work within the local community by supporting local social initiatives
So that you're set up for success, you'll need to be able to demonstrate the required standard of level 3 in maths and English. We'll look to see if you've had under 12 months experience within a food retail role before, so that everything we're teaching you is new and exciting. To allow you to excel on the programme, you'll have to want to try out new things and learning something different every day. We'll also look for you to be a great communicator and above all, be passionate about a career in retail.
We'd love to hear from you if:
* you've never worked in, or have less than 12 months experience, in a food retail role
* you can show the required skills in English and maths
* you love personal development and you're committed to managing your own learning
* you think you could balance the hours of a full time job and learning in your own time
* you're an amazing communicator
* you're passionate about the retail industry
* you don't want a 9 - 5 job and would love to work varying shift patterns
* you find variety exciting and welcome that no 2 days will be the same
* you acknowledge that this isn't just an increase in hours, it's a full time commitment to study
Why Co-op?173 years ago a group of pioneers in Rochdale came up with an idea that changed the world. They believed that when people work together, they're stronger. And when you join the Co-op, you'll become part of an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You'll also get a competitive salary with an amazing bonus, great benefits and discounts on all kinds of products and services, and an amazing pension too. We want to change the world all over again. Join us, and help to rebuild an iconic British brand.
We're actively building diverse teams and we welcome applications from everyone. But we know that simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences. And we recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
Things you'll need to know:
* to be eligible to work in one of our convenience stores you've got to be 18 years old. This is due to alcohol, licencing and health and safety laws that we must comply with.
* you must complete a 12 week probation period to be eligible for the program
* if you're an internal candidate, your hours are only increased by being on the trailblazer program, if you withdraw then your previous contracted hours may not be available
We're receiving a high number of great candidates for our apprentice roles. This may mean that we decide to close a role early. If you're interested, please complete your application as soon as you can.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76774172