Test Operations Engineer
At Tata Technologies we make product development dreams a reality by designing, engineering and validating the products of tomorrow for the world?s leading manufacturers, and due to our continued growth we are now recruiting for a Test Operations Engineer to be based out of our brand new European Innovation and Design Centre in Warwick.
Our Engineering Research and Development department (ER&D) is a fast growing function within Tata Technologies Limited that is assembled to work on exciting projects globally for multiple customers. It comprises highly specialized engineers across Automotive, Aerospace and Industrial Heavy Machinery.
The position is based in the group currently known as Test Operations within Body Engineering department. This group is responsible for the planning, procurement and delivery of engineering test and development properties and components, to support the delivery of the programme through its validation phases.
Area of Responsibility
- Identification and compilation of all parts / assemblies (including part built vehicles) required for engineering sign-off of Body Engineering components ? achieved by understanding the tests required and liaison with engineers, test engineers and suppliers
- Production of full ?exploded view? visuals of parts from CAD (using associated visualisation tools such as Vis Mock-up / Digital Buck) for clarity in discussions with others
- Consolidating a full cost status of these parts and assemblies, and identifying opportunities to reduce cost where necessary
- Working in conjunction with engineers, Purchasing, MP&L and suppliers to procure all parts and assemblies, including ensuring requirements are correctly loaded to ordering system, progressing orders with suppliers etc.
- Identification of any unique packaging requirements
- Management of timely delivery of parts and assemblies to end customers for test, including working at pilot production plant with Manufacturing, New Model Programmes and MP&L personnel to ensure properties are built to specification and arranging transport.
- Leading and attending meetings with:
* Programme Team to ensure Body Engineering requirements are understood and are included within programme budget and prototype build plans etc.
* Test and development engineers and component engineers to discuss and agreed Body test plan
* New Model Programmes and MP&L to ensure correct parts are ordered and delivered when required
* Suppliers to ensure requirements are understood and parts / assemblies are delivered when required
- Managing the progress of multi-use properties (including Trim test vehicles) in line with test plan
- Managing the build of aluminium fixtures for development and test e.g. door & tailgate sealing, drop-glass test etc.
- Managing and coordinating properties for legal witness testing.
Knowledge / Experience
- A knowledge of automotive body engineering systems and components.
- An understanding of vehicle Bills of Material
- Experience of vehicle test / development.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to lead the resolution of issues within a team environment with the ability to interface directly with Engineering, New Model Programmes and MP&L personnel at all levels.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, self confidence and a ?passion for the product? ? these being the personal qualities needed to succeed in this high pressure environment ? being self motivated and able to deliver with minimum supervision.
- The ability to manipulate and interrogate CAD data ? using associated visualisation tools such as Vis Mock-up / Digital Buck.
- Experience of program or project management, meeting demanding timescales, budget control and cost effective delivery.
- Experience of vehicle assembly on a manufacturing facility is preferable.
- Applicants need to be computer literate, particularly in Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint & Word.
- The role will require inter-site travel and therefore driving is essential
In return for bringing your expertise to our business we offer a competitive salary along with excellent benefits including:
- Pension Scheme ? We match employee contribution up to 5% of salary
- 25 Days? Holiday
- Private Health Care
- Tata Jaguar Land Rover Privilege Scheme ? up to 20% of new JLR vehicles
- Group Income Protection
- Health Assured ? Employee Assistance Program
- Group Life Assurance
- Childcare Vouchers
- Health Shield ? Private Health Cash Plan
- Free Parking
If you are passionate about bringing innovation to the projects you work on and want to join a global company, then this is the place for you.
Tata Technologies: Make it real. Make it Better?.
Tata Technologies would like to thank all applicants for their interest, each application will be reviewed against the set criteria for the role. We would like to advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 10 working days following the closing date it will mean that unfortunately your application has not been successful. We will however retain your details for any suitable future opportunities.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959279527