Systems Business Analyst
MandM Direct has over 30 years experience of trading. Led by our Board of Directors, we are now one of Europe's leading online, off-price retailers. We offer big brands at low prices - with over 3 million customers and 57 million website visits per year.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced and driven Systems Business Analyst. The successful candidate will be responsible for analysing how well current software, systems and processes fit business needs. You will document existing systems and processes and identify opportunities to adapt and enhance them, with the aim of improving business efficiency and productivity.
Main duties will include:
- Reviewing, analysing and documenting organisational systems and processes to aid understanding
- Identifying system and process problems by conferring with clients; evaluating procedures and processes
- Translating business requirements into functional specifications and collaborate in the production of design documentation
- Having the ability to dig into the details of how a requirement might actually be implemented in code or process, going to a lower level of detail than a Business Analyst
- Promoting MVP principles to ensure requirements deliver what the business needs, managing scope creep to minimise spend and maximise benefits
- Ensuring that Non-functional requirements such as Security, Scalability, Resilience and Usability are considered as part of business requirements.
Skills and knowledge required:
- Previous experience in business process improvement and a strong technical and analytical skill set are essential
- Process improvement, six-sigma, lean processing experience; a general interest in the way organisational systems and processes work and can be improved
- Excellent communicator, able to comprehend and translate technical or complex issues clearly to meet the competency level of the audience
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills with the ability to manage expectations and explain technical detail.
Experience in some of the following technologies would be desirable but not essential:
Experience with data warehousing and security e.g. Big data, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is desirable. Previous experience within an Agile or Cloud environment.
Location and hours:
This is a permanent position, working Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm and will be based in Leominster, Herefordshire.