Licensed Conveyancer / Conveyancing Fee Earner / Paralegal - Solicitor
Residential Conveyancer required for busy high street office. The firm is Law Society CQS accredited. Undertaking all aspects of legal work required for sales and purchases of freehold and leasehold properties including dealing with lenders requirements. Must be able to take transactions from initial instructions through to completion.
Experience essential and we will consider paralegals, newly qualified and fully qualified persons
Salary Circa GBP25,000 - GBP30,000 - dependent on experience
Tasks and Activities
- To assist with varied tasks within a busy property team.
- Managing own caseload.
- Use case management system to open and close client files and progress transactions.
- Reviewing title, contract documents and lender requirements and raising enquires with the other solicitors and reporting to clients.
- Day to day client contact
- To assist in the completion of client matters to include advising clients and others on progress.
- To assist with file management and ensure consistent reviews of files.
- To undertake such work as may be delegated in relation to client matters.
- To exchange contracts and comply with CQS Law Society Protocols on Residential Conveyancing.
Responsibilities and aims
- To assist with the implementation of good working practices in line with firm procedures.
- To use initiative on all matters.
- To carry out and produce work to the highest possible standards.
- To adhere to and implement the firm's guidelines and policies as defined in the office manual.
- To ensure confidentiality and security for all firm and client documentation and information.
- To undertake any specific training course as and when required.
- To maintain clear and precise communications with other members of staff and to assist other colleagues when required.
- To comply with all office Health and Safety standards.
Skills and experience
IT literate with experience of the Microsoft Office suite of applications e.g. Word, Excel and Outlook (SOS case management system desirable)
- Fast and accurate typing skills
- Excellent telephone manner and experience of dealing with clients, solicitors and estate agents.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Good team player
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
In return the company offer an excellent renumeration package and the opportunity to develop within this buoyant leading law firm.
Please contact Liz at TSR Legal