Sales Team Leader
I'm working exclusively with a leading supplier of renewable energy solutions and electrical services to the transport and warehousing industry. Due to increasing demand for their products and service, they now have a new position for a Sales Team Leader to join them and grow the sales force.
You will initially be making contact with potential clients, arranging meetings, attending them and making sales, so strong business development skills are key for success. You will then be tasked with recruiting an in house sales team to assist in the new business development, so having experience of leading a team and recruiting sales people is essential.
As Sales Team Leader you will be tasked with making contact with Senior Managers, Directors and CEOs in the Transport, Warehouse and Construction industries predominantly. It's a sales role, so you're going to need to love getting on the phone - getting past those gatekeepers and using your exceptional sales flair and personality to strike up conversations with the decision makers.
You're going to have to be able to recruit and manage a team of sales staff. This will be a fundamental part fo the Sales Team Leader position. It is imperative that you can evidence of previous experience in setting KPIs, monitoring performance and motivating a sales team.
This position is office based with some travel required throughout the West Midlands area, therefore a full UK driving licence and car are essential. Business mileage is paid.
The successful candidate for the Sales Team Leader role will:
- Have business-to-business sales experience - ideally within the Transport/Logistics/Warehousing industries, however this isn't essential
- You will have a keen eye for sales opportunities and have the ability to network and make contact with potential new points of contact
- You will need to be a self-starter and will be happy to pick up the phone and have conversations with senior managers and directors of large corporations
- You will be a driven, passionate sales person who is motivated by achieving targets and business growth
- Be a people person, having the capability to build long lasting relationships at all levels
- You will need to have lead a sales team previously and have some staff management expeirnece, as well as having been involved in the recruitment of sales staff
The basic salary for the Business Development Executive role is £28,000 - £32,000 per annum plus commission which will be paid on a quarterly basis. Your first years earning potential can easily be within the region of £40k.
For further information, please call Stacey Yates @ Coburg Banks,
Coburg Banks Sales specialise in recruiting Sales Directors, Business Development Manager's, Sales Manager's, Sales Executive's and Internal Sales Consultants across multiple industries throughout the UK. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us. If you know of other people who are currently looking for a new career within Sales please refer them to us.