The role will initially be based in Perry Barr, Birmingham. During the early part of 2018 we will be relocating to the new Head Office in Aldridge, Walsall.
We are looking to recruit an Accounts Administrator to join our busy accounts team.
- Maintaining the company’s sales ledger: raising sales invoices, chasing outstanding debts and proactively resolving queries
- Maintaining the company’s purchase ledger: processing invoices, preparing supplier payment runs and reconciling supplier statements
- Reconciliation of company credit card statement
- Daily posting of cash receipts and payments
- Performing and/or undertaking any aspects of general finance administration and support as allocated by the Assistant Accountant, Finance Manager or Directors
- Comply with the company’s relevant policies and procedures.
- Do all that is reasonably practicable to maintain a safe and healthy work environment, having regard to appropriate risk assessments and ensuring compliance with company and statutory requirements.
- Undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required by the company.
- Administer all Japanese Knotweed jobs, this includes producing tenders, final reports, programming, re-growths, H&S packs, etc
- Monthly Cheque Run, this includes writing out monthly payment cheques and input monthly payment run onto spreadsheet for finance
- Taking meeting minutes.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Commercial acumen
- Intermediate IT skills
- A positive 'can do' attitude
- Ability to prioritise
- AAT basic level qualification
- GCSE C or above in English and Maths
- At least 2 years within a similar role
- Experience of using SAGE
- Experience of using SAGE construct
- Competitive Salary
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
- 20 days annual leave (increasing with length of service) plus 8 bank holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme