Fluid Dynamics Attribute Leader
At Tata Technologies we make product development dreams a reality by designing, engineering and validating the products of tomorrow for the world?s leading manufacturers, and due to our continued growth we are now recruiting for a Fluid Dynamics Attribute Leader to be based out of our brand new European Innovation and Design Centre in Warwick.
Our Engineering Research and Development department (ER&D) is a fast growing function within Tata Technologies Limited that is assembled to work on exciting projects globally for multiple customers. It comprises highly specialized engineers across Automotive, Aerospace and Industrial Heavy Machinery.
A Vehicle Attribute Leader for is required to support delivery of a new vehicle project for a OEM. Working with the Vehicle Engineering Manager you will be responsible for the delivery of the fluid dynamics vehicle attributes. These include Aerodynamics, Thermal management, Climate and Contamination.
The role involves target setting, benchmarking, virtual development, including CAE planning and management, DVP creation, issue management, program communication/reporting and Supplier relationship management creating and presenting status reports at gateway events.
The role also includes a wide variety of testing including on-road, proving ground and the use of climatic and wind tunnels. You?ll be responsible for leading, executing the sign off tests, carry out the data analysis and write the final reports.
Area of Responsibility
- Virtual Testing CAE
- Ensure the attributes meet design requirements and programme targets
- Ensure gaps to target are visible and action plans identified
- Support reviews with styling and PSS
- Support Attribute balancing and new technology bench-marking
- Reporting back to the programme team at each gateway
- Support vehicle prototype build
- Data analysis and reporting
Knowledge / Experience
- Very good understanding of fluid dynamic principles
- Understating of CAE tools and methodology
- Understanding of various vehicle systems including powertrain, chassis and driveline
- Experience in planning and conducting full vehicle and systems testing activities
- Previous experience in the automotive industry, ideally in a consultancy environment
- Good understanding of various automotive methods and tools including DVP, FMEA, & BOM management.
- Ability to work with and manage multi-functional & multicultural teams.
- Excellent relationship building, collaboration and negotiation skills.
In return for bringing your expertise to our business we offer a competitive salary along with excellent benefits including:
- Pension Scheme ? We match employee contribution up to 5% of salary
- 25 Days? Holiday
- Private Health Care
- Tata Jaguar Land Rover Privilege Scheme ? up to 20% of new JLR vehicles
- Group Income Protection
- Health Assured ? Employee Assistance Program
- Group Life Assurance
- Childcare Vouchers
- Health Shield ? Private Health Cash Plan
- Free Parking
If you are passionate about bringing innovation to the projects you work on and want to join a global company, then this is the place for you.
Tata Technologies: Make it real. Make it Better?.
Tata Technologies would like to thank all applicants for their interest, each application will be reviewed against the set criteria for the role. We would like to advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 10 working days following the closing date it will mean that unfortunately your application has not been successful. We will however retain your details for any suitable future opportunities.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959279548