Technical Delivery Manager
Job Title: Technical Delivery Manager
Duration: 4 Months Initial Contract
Day Rate: Negotiable
Reporting to: Senior Product Manager
Sopra Steria Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Technical Delivery Manager for based in Stafford, with occasional travel to Cheshire. You will be responsible for leading, planning and managing the delivery of technical projects including telephony and desktop applications projects to support the Customer Management strategy.
- Deliver projects to the approved timescale, cost and scope, and which meets the agreed pre-defined quality expectations of the customer.
- Support development of a robust business benefits case and ensure a clear management plan is in place to deliver the benefits.
- Work closely with the Operation to sign off business requirements and create a realistic plan that minimises the disruption to the business.
- Work Closely with IT and Infrastructure to ensure development is aligned to business requirements
- Ensure a deep understanding of the project cost, both Capex and Opex, for the entire lifecycle of the project with constant revisiting of the business case to ensure the project is still worthwhile / feasible
- Work closely with the Operation, IT, Infrastructure and Supplier teams to ensure that they are fully aware of their role in the project, a clear change acceptance plan is in place and that their ongoing responsibilities are fully understood to maintain the desired change and therefore the benefits.
- Proactively monitor the projects overall progress, resolving issues and initiating corrective action as appropriate.
- Manage the projects budget, by monitoring the expenditure and costs against the projects progress
- Work collaboratively with the Operations and other stakeholders to ensure the plans are fully aligned and the relationships are conducive towards successful delivery of change.
- Ensure that all the projects documentation is created and updated accordingly within the guidelines of any in house project management framework.
- Develop a plan that reviews and evaluates the benefits that were originally defined in the business case
- Guide and mentor Business Analysts in delivery of their responsibilities and act as a sounding board for their suggestions.
- Build relationships and work collaboratively with identified stakeholder management including engaging with key parties at the beginning of a project. Responsible for managing the change activities or outputs meaning the relevant areas are informed, involved and/ or consulted as required throughout the design, delivery and embedding period.
- Liaise with other members of the team to understand all other change activity taking place at the same to enable effective management of individual deliverables.
- Undertakes operational acceptance as part of delivering any change project, ensuring that any change delivered has a final sign off/ handover in place.
- Strong Delivery and Agile background
- Experience of working on Telephony and Desktop applications projects
- Experience of Leading technical resources
- Experience of developing technical implementation plans where key elements of design, build, integration, business testing and other technical and business readiness elements are included
- Excellent experience of continuous delivery
- Strong stakeholder management skills