Project Engineer - Apex MA
- Powertrain Project Leader - interface to the vehicle line programme team. Responsible for achieving Powertrain deliverables in specific programs. Ensures content is aligned and compatible at a Powertrain level with program requirements for quality, cost & time.
- Main responsibilities will be:
- Manage the team in the planning, co-ordination, delivery and reporting of requirements to support the Cycle Plan activities using PCDS principles in conjunction with other company processes as required.
- Ensure programme deliverables and requirements are monitored, delivered and reported accurately and on time at each gateway and organise & lead appropriate interim review events
- Support Package reviews and ensure correct attendance from team members.
- Monitor Powertrain performance and lead / facilitate or escalate cross module / cross CoC problem resolution on all programme aspects of content delivery, including virtual build, physical build and launch support.
- Represent Powertrain in external communication and status reporting, providing a coherent status for Powertrain into the VPD.
- Manage input to weekly Programme Steering Team and Vehicle Integration Team meetings and drive the team in the use of tools and processes to manage the completion of deliverables for programme unit gateways.
- Work closely with other CoCs, Product Strategy, Advanced Product Creation and Marketing to ensure the programme delivers the expected prescribed product actions in a robust manner.
- Input to the resolution of AIMs issues and closure.
- Support processing of financial and project inputs into the programmes
- Experience of project management with 2+ years of delivering technical products through a team
- Demonstrable experience of budget and target management with the ability to interface and communicate at all levels
- Demonstrate the ability to build and manage multiple internal and external relationships in complex stakeholder environments and with a high level of business acumen
- Degree-level qualification or equivalent experience
- Experience of the automotive industry
- Experience of Electrification and Powertrain technology
- Experience of production launch environment
- Experience of prototype build environment
- Experience of PCDS, RMDV2, AIMS, and knowledge of i3 processes
- Experience of being successful in managing complex technical issues, balancing conflicting needs of the business within project timing constraints
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to deliver with minimum supervision
- Competent User of Microsoft Office packages
- Full driving license
- Knowledge of software delivery control plans
- Knowledge of FMA