Administrative Officer Apprentice
Public Health England are an executive agency of the Department of Health, and a distinct delivery organisation with operational autonomy to advise and support government, local authorities and the NHS in a professionally independent manner.
They employ 5,000 staff (full-time equivalent), mostly scientists, researchers and public health professionals.
They have 8 local centres, plus an integrated region and centre for London, and 4 regions (north of England, south of England, Midlands and east of England, and London).
They work closely with public health professionals in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, and internationally.
Public Health England was established on 1 April 2013 to bring together public health specialists from more than 70 organisations into a single public health service.
Currently seeking an organised and professional administrator to support a large admin function and provide Secretarial/Administrative support where required.
- Act as a point of contact for telephone enquiries related to the functions of the team
- Handle incoming mail
- Maintain databases as required, including updating from different sources, checking data, collating and supplying information as instructed
- Support the maintenance of office management systems
- Use the functions of MS Office including mail merge, spreadsheets, databases and Powerpoint
- Undertake minute and note taking for teleconferences, meetings and seminars as required and produce & distribute minutes in a timely manner
- Provide administrative support to team members as required, to include arranging meetings, booking venues, organising refreshments, circulating agendas/papers and note taking
- Demonstrate office systems and processes to other team members
- Undertake research and development as directed
- To perform any other duties that may be required commensurate with the grade of this post
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, including an excellent telephone manner and proven ability to work as part of a team
- Good organisational skills and an ability to prioritise and manage own work load according to needs
- Good attention to detail and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Flexibility and adaptable to working in order to meet competing priorities within timescales/deadlines
- Ability to work independently, as well as being a team member
- Must be able to demonstrate a high level of discretion and confidentiality
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above
This is a Non Reserved post under the Civil Service Nationality Rules and is therefore open only to UK, Commonwealth and European Economic Area (EEA) Nationals and certain non EEA members. For more information, please see ******************************************************-rules
"QA's apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce."
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959279656