The Facilities Manager will be managing a team of directly employed staff as well as contractors carrying out facilities management services on a higher education site. They will also manage H&S on site and manage contractors across the site include cleaning, furniture, grounds maintenance, signage, landscaping, pest control etc.
The Facilities Manager will be working for an established Higher Education organisation in Birmingham which has impressive plans for the future and an excellent atmosphere for both staff and students.
This role will primarily be looking after the soft services across this large site. This will include:
- Proactively and effectively manage the delivery of soft services, implementing a customer service culture throughout all estates operations
- Effectively monitor, manage, co-ordinate and review the performance of external service providers and suppliers
- Provide professional advice on space planning, determine spacial arrangements and layouts to control effective space utilisation across the estate.
- Proactively manage and monitor Health, Safety and Risk management (line management supervision of Health & Safety Officer.)
- Provide clear, accurate and timely reports on the performance and effectiveness of facilities and estate operation plans and developments.
- Design, develop and maintain an Asset Register including off-site archive (student/staff) records.
- In line with the organisations sustainability strategy to effectively contribute to the development and implementation of environmental strategies, including compliance with energy and environmental legislation. Achieve green eco campus status and lead the delivery of the optimum award.
- Carry out buildings surveys; establish and maintain asbestos register ensuring legislative and statutory compliance
Candidates for the role of Facilities Manager should have experience of running FM services on a large and complex site. You will need demonstrable experience of managing health and safety and a qualification to match. This role will become involved in new and ongoing projects and you will need experience of managing projects to successful outcomes. You should be a member of BIFM or have a recognised FM qualification.
This position has a salary of between £35k and £40k and excellent benefits including 38 days holiday (including bank holidays) and an excellent pension scheme.