Graduate Commercial Scheme
Instarmac is an innovative, entrepreneurial, privately owned manufacturing company based in Tamworth Staffordshire. We are proud to be a Times Top 100 Company and believe strongly in our Company values; Work Hard, Have Fun, Make a Difference. Our state-of-the-art head office in Tamworth is a dynamic, positive place to work full of friendly supportive staff ready to help you become part of a great team.
We are now recruiting for 2 candidates to join our Graduate Development Programme to strengthen our Sales team.
We are offering a two year training programme which will underpin your knowledge and understanding of the business before stepping into an external sales role.
About the Role...
Development & Training programme for the first 24 months will include:
- Full commitment and participation of company/department induction
- Completion of 12 month rotation of Internal Sales, Marketing, External Sales and Exports
- Role appreciation in the following areas; production/warehouse and transport
- Development of first class customer service skills
- Product training and understanding
- Attending field visits - job shadowing
- Attending exhibitions and supporting campaigns
- Develop technical skills, stepping into an external sales role with responsibility
- Completion of external training courses; Essential Selling Skills and Advanced Selling Skills.
Following the completion of this programme, you will progress into an Area Sales Manager role, where day-to-day activities will include:
- Looking for opportunities to sell product range to both new and existing customers within your designated region
- Take responsibility for researching and prospecting new contacts and departments within organisations
- Fully preparing for and attending appointments for both existing and prospective customers
- Assist in responding and documenting promptly to sales leads and gaining maximum potential
- Primary responsibility for researching and prospecting customers’ needs and requirements, and matching these with product recommendations including material training and trials
- Building and nurturing business relationships with customers
- Attending exhibitions and industry events to gain new sales leads
- Identifying future markets and product requirements and enhancements
- Identifying contractors, specifiers and engineers with potential requirements for our product range
- Promptly following up samples and quotations to convert to a sale
- Take primary responsibility for checking customers sales history and purchasing trends; use risk reports (e.g. 5 and 13 month reports) to ensure they are ordering all possible product lines and take appropriate action to manage any deficits
- Achieving all monthly/annual sales targets and KPIs
- Recommending product solutions to suit the customer’s needs
- A degree or equivalent level qualification with a proven academic record
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills
- A commercial mind-set
- A confident and ambitious outlook
- Happy to adopt our Company values; Work Hard, Have Fun, Make a Difference
If so, this is what we can offer.....
As a Times Top 100 Company we recruit the best and invest in our people. We offer a competitive starting salary and development opportunities. We also have an excellent benefits package that includes:
- Performance Profit Related Bonus (PPRP)
- Up to 29 days annual leave
- 5-7.5% pension contribution
- Private medical cover
- Life cover
- Free use of holiday homes in Tenerife and Padstow
Discovery Graduates are the retained managing consultants. All applications will be processed through Discovery. We regret due to the high volume of applications we receive; only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews. In the event that you are unsuccessful for this opportunity, we may still be able to help you and we will retain your application and consider you for other opportunities.