Support Worker / Care Assistant, Children’s Service
Hillcrest Residential Children’s Service URGENTLY requirea Support Worker / Care Assistant to join our dedicated care team based from our children homes in Stoke on Trent. Starting salary £16,120 p.a. - £18,970 p.a. + c£2,000 p.a. sleep-in allowance.
Our children’s homes are within easy reach from: Shifnal, Telford, Shrewsbury, Welshpool, Ludlow, Stafford, Cannock, Walsall, Stone, Newcastle-Under-Lyme and surrounding towns.
Are you caring and compassionate, and able to work with young people with challenging behaviour?
NO PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE NECESSARY AS FULL TRAINING IS PROVIDED
As a Care Assistant you will provide daily, quality care and support to children and young people with behavioural, emotional and social difficulties (BESD / SEMH). Following a thorough 3 week induction and training programme, your duties would include:
- Organising and participating in a variety of off-site activities
- Promoting independence in the home, developing domestic and personal life skills
- Transporting our children to school and appointments
- Documenting all children’s activities, reporting and recording key aspects of their care
- Completing sleep-in duties on a rota basis
- Be willing to train to Level 3 Diploma in Health & Social Care (Children & Young people) - funded by Outcomes First Group
- Hold a valid UK driving licence
- Can demonstrate the ability to work with children with challenging behaviour
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Have the flexibility and willingness to work shifts, including weekends
The position of Care Assistant attracts a starting salary scale of £16,120 p.a.- £18,970 p.a. and includes the following Pay progression points.
After successful completion of 6 month probation, salary increase to: £16,640 p.a. (£8.00 p.h.)
After successful completion of qualification, salary increase to: £17,347 p.a. (£8.34 p.h.)
If you are a compassionate and caring individual, looking to start a new career as a Support Worker / Care Assistant, please apply immediately. In return we offer a starting salary of £16,1200 p.a. - £18,970 p.a. (plus c£2,000 p.a. sleep in allowance) + pay and career progression, along with an excellent benefits package to include: Pension, Company Sick Pay, Employee Assistance programme, Childcare Voucher Scheme and Retail Discount Packages.
Due to the standards set by the regulatory body candidates applying for this role must be age 18 and over
Outcomes First Group employ approx. 2000 staff at locations throughout the UK and provide a range of care and education services to children and adults with autism, complex needs, learning disabilities and behavioural, emotional and social difficulties. Due to the breadth of our services we are able to adapt to the needs of the individual at different points in time. This enables us to provide a range of care options within a journey of support for our young people, adults and their families.
"Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and expects all staff to share this commitment."