Head of Customer Excellence
Robert Half are excited to be working with one of its key clients to recruit for a Head of Customer Excellence in Birmingham.
In this role you will have to identify, prioritise and develop customer experience improvements and outcomes in order to deliver sustainable customer satisfaction, increased service efficiency and ultimately a positive impact on business performance. To be the independent view that challenges business assumptions to ensure that we are meeting the needs of our customers based on deep actionable insight.
- Take full ownership for developing customer centricity and a range of ways to understand how we are progressing and the impact we have on our customers lives
- Liaise with internal and external customers to listen to their experience of using our services, taking insight and improve processes, procedures and propositions that customers really value
- Liaise with customers to resolve complaints and oversee the effective management of complaints across the Business crucially ensuring we derive maximum learning from all aspects of the opportunity
- Lead on the design, development and implementation of procedures and policies for complaints, ensuring that they are compliant with our regulatory bodies, redefining the front end of our complaints process and what our expectations are in terms of a 'first responder'
- Lead on the design, development and maintenance of systems for the management of complaints which easily allow Customers to feedback their concerns.
- Implement a third party complaint registering system for more effective management
- Investigate, draft responses and liaise with senior managers as required to effectively respond to complaints received
- Facilitation of complaints resolution meetings
- Effectively utilise a Complaint Management System and local trackers to ensure full transparency and accuracy of MI relating to complaints
- Present customer insights and report on all complaints and feedback received within the business to the Executive team on a monthly basis
- Optimise capacity to support across the broader teams by handling non escalated complaints as required
- Build and maintain strong network of contacts across the business to grow own knowledge and seek out support as required
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the Customer Insight Champions across all departments
- Create tools which enable the customers to have a voice and give us their insight.
- Collaborate with the Head of Department to ensure that the learning needs of team members in relation to complaints handling are identified and that appropriate training is provided.
- Lead of the design and delivery of training including how to identify a complaint, types of language; difference between an expression of dissatisfaction and a complaint; how to deal with an angry or disgruntled customer; how to effectively listen to customer and record the contents of the conversation and training on specific issues highlighted by the complaints analysis, i.e. service charge training for PM's.
- Provide support to people with high volumes of complaints assigned to them.Quality/Standards
- Create an effective audit trial of our interactions with customers to drive our first contact resolution.
- Ensure that all complaint responses are independently reviewed for quality purposes before they are sent.
- Keep a library of complaints as templates for responses.
- Ensure that we adhere to the service standards that we are dictated by the professional bodies.
- Implement a monthly root cause analysis check on a small sample of complaints and pinpoint where the failing was and work with the Heads of departments to improve processes and procedures to ensure it is not repeated.
- Independently manage own workload to ensure department and regulatory KPI's are delivered
- Develop, with the line a culture of learning, where all feedback, from complaints and other customer expressions are relished.
- Give people the confidence to intervene on a complaint no matter where it originated or who it is for, the complaint is against the Organisation.
- Instill a sense of pride in resolving a difficult or emotive issue for a customer, taking ownership and providing an outcome
- Ensure that the customer and their satisfaction is central to the way we work, a complaint is a request that has not been sufficiently actioned.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://privacy-statement