Kudos Catering (UK) Limited
A well-established Catering company are currently hunting for a talented & experienced Head Chef to bring a 'passion for food’ to one their venues.
As Head Chef, you will coordinate and direct the day-to-day operations of all kitchen operations, while ensuring that food produced is of the required standard and is delivered at the time requested. You will be assisting the General Manager in controlling the annual budget and achieving agreed financial targets.
This role should call out to any individuals that have the ability to encourage others and those that work well in a team!
- Responsible for a team of casual & permanent chefs, general assistants, KP’s and kitchen staff at the unit.
- Responsible for the direction and supervision, motivation and discipline of all staff accountable to the position.
- Supervise & work with other kitchen members in the preparation, production and presentation of food to the highest catering standard.
- Control the ordering of produce and dry store items, ensuring purchase quantities and ordering levels are appropriate to business demands and budget.
- Plan & liaise with the General Manager to ensure there are sufficient staff levels.
- Ensure food stock takes are carried out on a weekly basis
- Ensure all food & kitchen equipment is correctly stored and packaged
- Liaise with the General Manager to plan and price menus
- Assist the General Manager in analyzing and monitoring quality control & customer demand.
- Attend all food tastings liaising with the GM, sales team and clients
- Previous conferencing food delivery experience for up to 200 people (Essential)
- Retail Café experience (essential)
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Experience of costing, planning and working to set budgets (Essential)
- Flexible approach to work with good attention to detail
- Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate (Essential)
- Minimum of two years’ experience as a Head Chef responsible for multi-sited operations.
We regret that we are unable to respond to all applications, therefore only shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 7 days of the closing date.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer