Car Underwriter - Solihull
It’s an exciting time in our Car Finance department, we’re growing and looking for an underwriter to join the team! There’s no such thing as an average day in this area, so if you enjoy the challenge of working in a fast paced environment, and the chance to apply your risk assessment skills across a broad range of financial products, this is the role for you.
Purpose of the role
To underwrite loans from receipt of application through to release of funds, ensuring that the department’s excellent standards of customer service and commitment to providing regular communication to our business introducers is maintained at all times. To optimise on new business opportunities and develop and maintain strong relationships with both new and existing introducers.
Duties and responsibilities
- Evaluate applications using credit reference data, fraud prevention techniques, credit policy and lending guidelines and procedures
- Analyse supporting documentation
- Handle all incoming new lending enquiries
- Authorise the sign off of completed applications
- Ensure decisions are delivered in line with the credit policy, lending guidelines, agreed deadlines and service standards
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with external service providers, introducers, and internal customers
- Awareness and understanding of all prevailing regulatory and compliance requirements
- Strong business awareness and excellent risk management skills
- Ability to work within a team and on own initiative
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely at all levels
Qualifications and experience
Grade C or above GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Mathematics. Previous experience of working in the motor underwriting industry desirable but not essential.