Due to expansion, our client based in Staffordshire has an opportunity for an MI Analyst to join their team. The company is dynamic, innovative and has a fabulous culture to work within that encourages personal development and independent thinking. They take their people development seriously and give their staff a lot of opportunity to really develop themselves and build an excellent career path.
The MI Analyst will be a member of the MI and reporting team, which is involved in many important areas. They will work in conjunction with the Client Services Department to understand and define the MI needs of external clients and they will develop and implement IT solutions to these requirements to a high standard and within agreed timescales.
This role requires excellent analytical and communication skills. Ideally we are looking for your sound analytical and IT skills to both enhance and deploy our clients solutions.
As previously mentioned, the position also provides an opportunity to work in a fast-growing company that really does encourage personal development and knowledge sharing, allowing opportunities for developers to show others their recent findings of the in-depth system and any new blue sky thinking.
Our client is a leading force in the provision of innovative data driven business solutions. For many years they have specialised in building complex data management and software products for well-known companies across the globe.
Main duties to include:
- Interrogate data in order to derive performance metrics
- Provide regular feedback on operational performance and escalate accordingly if required
- Maintain and monitor regular reporting
- Create/revise code scripts to ensure that they are fit for purpose
- Develop and facilitate training workshops that aim to enrich the knowledge of both internal and external clients of SSL products
- Define and agree business requirements, priorities, resourcing and timescales to MI Manager and stakeholders
- Translate agreed business requirements into standard report specifications and documentation
- Develop, maintain and monitor new strategic, predictive and analytical reporting
We are looking for:
- A background in MI, IT, mathematics or business
- Technical knowledge of MI solutions
- Excellent SQL skills
- Expert user of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Microsoft BI stack (SAS, SSRS, etc.)
- Knowledge of SharePoint
- The ability to interact directly and effectively with clients at both a strategic and operational level
- Experience of projects involving a mixture of staff across various functions with potentially conflicting interests and priorities
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills including presentation and facilitation of workshops
- The ability to work on own initiative, to set short-term objectives and priorities and to organise /workload
- Analysing and documenting business requirements
- Writing specification and process documentation
- Practical and in-depth experience of report design and development
- Change control procedures
- Although not essential, experience of Hadoop, Mongo.db, coding with "R" or related predictive analytics would be advantageous
- Knowledge of Finance and Insurance sectors is welcome but not essential
In return you can expect:
- Salary: upto GBP28k
- Hours: 37.5 per week
- Holidays: 25 + Bank Holidays
- Excellent benefits package
If you are interested in this position please contact Kelly Gilmartin on or email a copy of your CV and current salary, quoting reference number: KGMI2675 and where you saw the job advertised.
THIS JOB NOT FOR YOU? WHY NOT LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE AND HAVE OUR LATEST VACANCIES COME THROUGH DIRECT TO YOUR NEWSFEED.