Deputy Manager EBD Children's Services Tamworth
Deputy Manager | EBD Children's Services | Tamworth
A fantastic opportunity to join a well established care provider of high quality therapeutic childcare, including residential and leaving care services. This role is within a growing company who currently run more than 137 homes across the UK, providing these types of services.
We are currently looking for a Deputy Manager for a therapeutic service based in Tamworth, Staffordshire to provide support to young people ages around 5-18 who display a range of complex social, emotional and behavioural disorders and who may have come from difficult backgrounds.
This is a full-time permanent position offering a competitive salary of up to 23K per annum, depending on experience and qualifications. Working hours are flexible on a rota basis, and you may be required to support on shifts at times. This role will primarily involve supporting with overcoming emotional barriers and creating a stable, loving environment that resembles a natural family unit as closely as possible.
Needs catered to in the service may include:
- Inappropriate sexualised behaviours
- Eating disorders
- Criminal/anti-social behaviour
- Associated learning disabilities
We are looking for a passionate and upbeat individual who has a good understanding of the EBD sector and has a minimum of 3 years experience within a residential childcare setting. You must also have 2 years experience at a supervisory level in the care sector.
- Support and deputise for the Registered Manager
- Keeping young people safe by confronting their antisocial or self-destructive behaviours
- Implementing tailored programmes for young people which match their aspirations
- Contributing to the support and development of the staff team, including performance management, continued professional development and initial training
- Excellent understanding of SEBD sector essential
- Minimum of 3 years experience within a residential CYP setting essential
- Minimum of QCF Level 3 in Children & Young People, or equivalent essential
- Flexible with working hours essential
- Driving licence essential
- Experience working at supervisory/management level essential
- Around 23 days per annum annual leave plus bank holidays
- An extensive benefits package
- Specialist training with an excellent career progression program
This is a truly fantastic opportunity for an experienced deputy manager or a very experienced team leader looking to develop and make that step up and join a national, award winning reputable company.
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.