First Personnel are currently recruiting for a number of Collections Advisors to start with immediate effect due to growth and expansion of one of the UK’s fastest growing Energy companies.
This is a permanent opportunity and my client is looking for full time Collections Advisor. You must have previous collections experience and be willing to work between the hours of 8am to 8pm with 1/4 Saturdays which will be 9am to 1pm with hours back during the week.
- Job Title: Collections Advisor
- Salary: £16,000 basic plus £5000 per year bonus
The start date for this role is 16th October 2017, but you must be able to attend an assessment day on Friday 6th October at 09.00am.
The role of the Collections Advisor is to maximise the recovery of debt to minimise bad debt charge and write off through the delivery of exceptional customer service. The advisor must be confident enough to work on both business and domestic accounts but must understand the differences in regulation between collecting on the two. This role involves making outbound calls and taking inbound calls for the majority of time.
- Customer Focus
Ability to proactively engage with customers over the telephone to understand root cause payment issues and work with customers to put highly effective payment plans in place to recover debt as quickly but sustainably as possible
Shows empathy and understanding of customer issues and is mindful of regulatory licence conditions, specifically on domestic customers but balances this with effective collections
- Target Driven
Must have the ability to work at pace making outbound calls and handling inbound calls to strict productivity targets
Must be able to handle a wide variety of tasks with flexibility
Essential Functional Skills/Experience
- Good relationship/rapport building skills
- Persuasive and influential telephone manner
- Able to close down payment agreements over the telephone that will stick whilst taking into account what the customer can afford to pay
- Understanding of the Data Protection Act
- Clean personal credit file (you will need to agree to a credit check and any employment will be subject to this being clean)
- Ability to work accurately and quickly with numbers to help customers work through an income and expenditure form
- Computer literate - ability to create effective MI
- Confident when dealing with external third parties such as debt agencies
- Confident and assertive but not aggressive telephone manner
- Effective problem solver
- Keen to maximise on personal potential - always seeking ways to improve and develop
- Personal strength, with a happy disposition, resilient with a never die attitude, outgoing, bubbly
- Confident charismatic personality
- Able to deliver exceptional service to internal and external customers alike
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Responds positively to feedback and able to follow development action plans
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Self-motivated and self-starting
- Understanding of the need to follow compliance and regulatory processes
- Ability to work to agreed targets and deadline
- Able to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
To be considered for this role you MUST have previous experience. You find out more then please contact Mark Bryan at our Birmingham Office.
Due to the large number of expected candidates we will be unable to contact everyone regarding your application, so if you haven't heard from one of our team within 3 days of your application then unfortunately on this occasion you haven't been successful.