Our client, a specialist engineering business, has an excellent opportunity for an experienced and skilled Mechanical Engineer, to join their successful and established team. The role will be to support the Engineering Manager and the rest of the engineering team and wider business, to meet customer’s mechanical design engineering requirements.
You will be responsible for carrying out and overseeing all mechanical design requirements to allow the company to meet customer’s requirements. This will be in the form of mechanical calculations and ideally FEA analysis.
- Responsible for mechanical designs to international standards in accordance with customer’s requirements.
- Responsible for pressure vessel calculations in accordance with relevant standards.
- Responsible for checking mechanical designs produced by other engineers andthird parties.
- Assist with the resolution of technical issues with clients specifications.
- Provide designs for internal parts in accordance with company requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- A professional qualification in a relevant, technical discipline
- Competent in the use and understanding of pressure vessel codes ASME VIII Division 1 PD5500
- Competent in the use and understanding of the pressure equipment directive(PED)
- Competent in the use and understanding of ASME Piping codes - B31.1, B31.3B16.5
- Competent in the use and understanding of API standards 6A &650
- Competent to carry out mechanical design from first principles, using design software such asFinglow,stressandstraincalculationsusingRoarksformulasandideallybyFEA
- Familiarity with AutoCad and Autodesk Inventor abenefit
- At least 5 years’ experience in a mechanical designrole
- Experience of machining and weldingoperations
- Helping to ensure that all products are delivered on time and company goals are met
- Strong team player able to manage independent workload, while coordinating with colleagues
- Adapting to an ever changing environment and reacting quickly to meet challenges
- The ability to work alone and take a lead when hurdles arise or when tasks require completion
- Work to agreed performancetargets,
- Self-development and continuing personal development, update and using relevant knowledge, keeping up-to-date technically and apply new knowledge to thejob
- Adhere to the Company’s policy on Health, Safety andEnvironment
- Operate to company general requirements in regard to company policy andobjectives
- To be able to work in a pressurised environment maintaining efficiency and accuracy at all times
On offer in return:-
- A competitive salary with an excellent benefits package
- Good working hours, with a 1pm finish on Fridays
- An opportunity to join a successful, established and progressive business, with a passionate and talented team
IMMEDIATE OPPORTUNITY - PLEASE CONTACT DENISE AT TRINITY PERSONNEL NOW TO DISCUSS FURTHER/TO APPLY