Due to continued expansion, our client is looking to recruit a Research Associate who will be reporting directly to the Head of Group Investment Research. The objective of the role is to assist senior team members in the delivery of a high quality research proposition that supports the requirements of the overall Investment Proposition.
Equity Research Responsibilities
- Assist in the maintenance of quantitative databases used for screening equities.
- Due diligence analysis of companies in order to produce high quality research notes.
- Work with other team members to create periodic sector/industry outlooks.
- Monitor and interpret major company developments and write detailed summaries for stocks across multiple market capitalizations and geographies as required.
- Work closely with Analysts to coordinate research and generate ideas.
Collectives Research Responsibilities
- Assist in the maintenance of quantitative databases used for screening fund managers.
- Due diligence analysis of fund managers across all asset classes and investment sectors.
- Assist in writing fund research reports and summaries following the due diligence process.
- Review the suitability of funds for model and client portfolios.
- Assist in the monitoring of manager performance.
- Assist in the management of the various funds managed by the group.
- Assist portfolio managers with the construction of bespoke portfolios for clients.
- Assist in spreadsheet maintenance and any other operational tasks required.
- Maintain all operational spreadsheets used by the investment research team.
- Assist in compliance and other duties as required by the team.
The successful candidate should have between 1 to 3 years’ experience in equity research within an investment firm. You must have a strong grasp of Microsoft Excel with the ability to build financial models. A good understanding of the financial markets with a genuine interest in the macro economy. The ability to communicate at all levels and work within a wider team is essential along with the ability to problem solve and work on your own initiate.
Please note: due to the high level of responses we receive, if you have not heard from is within 7 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful.