We are delighted to be working with a charity who provide care, accommodation and support services for more than 17,000 older people throughout Britain. Our clients mission is to improve the quality of life of older people. They are recruiting an experienced Administration Manager who will report to the Home Manager.
Working as part of the management team in the Home, the Administration Manager is responsible for providing an efficient and effective administrative support service across all aspects of the Home’s operation. The Administration Manager will assist the Home Manager in ensuring that the Home is compliant with external regulator requirements as well as internal policies and procedures.
This includes providing support with:
processing, monitoring and effective systems management of relevant staff and resident information (financial and non-financial)
collating and communicating accurate and efficient data, highlighting anomalies / risks promptly to assist the Home Manager to drive quality and continuous improvement in the Home
effective administration service including payroll processing, staff rotas, holiday collation, recruitment, leaver data, absence management and staff training
effective customer service to both internal and external customers to ensure all queries are responded to promptly and accurately
systems expert on the team, supporting the Home Manager to deliver business/system changes and ensure data is effectively transferred from old system to new and that the Home is fully compliant with the new ways of working.
The Administration Manager will be dealing with confidential information and is expected to role model our clients values by demonstrating professional, confidential and discreet behaviour.
Data - completeness, accuracy, timeliness and integrity of all data entered into our clients systems
Compliance - with correct procedures and using appropriate systems in accordance with the policies of the organisation
Utilise - appropriate policy and procedure manuals, line management support, training and support functions to ensure the smooth running of the administration function in the home
Escalate - operational, performance and budgetary issues and bring these to the timely attention of the Home Manager.
1. Administer or, as appropriate, oversee in accordance with the appropriate policies and procedures:
Payroll systems; including populating the iTrent application with all appropriate payroll related data to ensure the timely and accurate payment of Home staff
Effective use of the time and attendance system in accordance to policy
Records to demonstrate both historically and currently the adequate safeguarding of both resident and our clients assets, this to specifically include all cash within the Home.
All purchasing / procurement needs according to the delegated instruction of the Home Manager and within budget
Resident admission systems, to ensure the prompt processing of resident funding and invoicing.
2. Identify budgetary issues and escalate to management as appropriate.
Staff Administration Responsibilities
3. effective roster management ensuring appropriate cover and within budget, including holiday and absence reporting
4. ensure recruitment in the Home is managed pro actively with recruitment administration executed effectively and complying with all relevant policies and procedures
5. co ordinate the booking and attendance of relevant staff training to ensure all training is completed before the expiry dates and that revalidation of nurses/clinical lead PINs are up to date and recorded in the system.
6. submit all information reporting as required including all relevant and accurate data update evidence files for external quality monitoring, and ensure that evidence is available for an inspection at any time
7. set up and monitor tracker system to report on actions from resident and staff surveys
8. prepare Regulator/TCR/RIDDOR or safeguarding notifications for approval by Home Manager with index reference copies and a log record
9. monitor and report on action plans, complaints and compliments and related actions.
Environment/Health and Safety Responsibilities
10. make sure you understand and adhere to our clients Health and Safety Policy
11. support the Home Manager with the preparation and submission of annual Health and Safety audit files
12. administer you Comply’ reports and returns regarding falls, weights, waterlow, pressure sores, complaints, incidents etc. and maintain files of supporting evidence of action.
13. set up and maintain marketing folder to monitor enquiries, home viewing dates, assessment dates and outcomes.
14. inform the external stakeholders of any change in circumstances for residents
15. take notes in key meetings as required ensuring that these are stored
16. stay up to date with our clients policies relevant to the role and ensure all of our clients policies are accessible in the Home
17. delegate appropriate administrative tasks to Receptionist if applicable
18. perform general secretarial tasks to support the home.