Job Title: Test Operative
Reporting to: Shop Floor Manager
A: Purpose and Scope
* To ensure that all products which leave the factory have been fully tested to the specifications laid down by the company.
* To carry out the above duties with regard to the Health & Safety policies as laid down by the Company.
* To fully test any Company product as directed by the Shop Floor Manager in accordance with the procedures for First Test, Second Test and Final Inspection.
* To change components, or insert new components where required, with the use of a soldering tool.
* To place product on and remove product from the soak racks in the soak test Room.
* To complete any documentation that is required by the Company to assist with the fault finding process and to contribute to fault reporting and time recording.
* The Test Operative is responsible for all tasks which are performed by the Test Department. Their main task is the examination of XTA products, using high caliber testing and calibrating equipment.
* Other general duties will include the assembly of products, soldering, PAT testing and the manufacture of cables, maintaining a high standard of quality at all times.
* From time to time it may be necessary for the Operative to spend time in other departments. This may include assembly/production, QA (music test and packing), and stores.
C: Organization Relationships
* The Test Operative will report to the Shop Floor Manager.
* The Test Operative must demonstrate a willingness and cooperation to work with all colleagues, both within the Test Department and also with Production and Packing.
* They are to liaise with the designated manager to utilize information given to achieve set targets and promote better understanding of problems encountered.
A: Education & Training
* The Test Operative must be able to demonstrate a good level of education and a willingness to learn.
* Ideally the Test Operative should have attended college for a minimum of 2 years in electronics.
* Further training will be administered at work by Test, Service and R&D engineers to demonstrate working practices and enforce strict health and safety regulations.
* Must have a keen interest in electronics
B: Technical Requirements (Advantageous but not essential)
* City & Guilds level II in Electronics
* Knowledge of Health & Safety Practices
* Experience working with circuit diagrams would be an advantage as well as soldering skills.
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Why not listen to some of the inspiring stories from our candidates and their one piece of career advice. It's just a few of the thousands of people who have found success in their working lives with Randstad. Visit to find out what you could become.