Operations/Supply Chain/Logistics Manager - Healthcare Sector Diagnostic World
Diagnostic World has over 11 years’ experience in providing high-quality diagnostic services to the National Health Service. They are a fast-growing company who works with over 50 NHS Organisations to provide services in the Community across the UK and Clinical Service Support to many NHS Hospital Trusts.
Their Core Company Values run throughout the whole of their organisation; utilising the latest technology to transform healthcare whist never compromising on quality. Because of this, Diagnostic World highly values their team and strives to create a working environment that will be enjoyed by their staff.
Main Purpose of the Role
You will oversee and co-ordinate the day-to-day operational Service Delivery Management for the Southern territory to ensure that the clinical resources are being utilised to their maximum potential and that clients are receiving a stream-lined, professional service. You will explore areas such as potential cost-reduction strategy success and capacity/demand fulfilment to measure success and produce reports accordingly. Strong communication skills are a necessity as you will be liaising with key stakeholders both internally and externally, and will need to communicate key information to relevant stakeholders.
Some of the key tasks you will need to undertake include:
- Providing clinic rotas to ensure that costs are in line with P&L requirements by optimising clinic space occupancy and fully utilising all clinical staff
- Accountability for all cost of sales for the entire patient pathway
- Requirement to wor across all areas of the business to ensure that P&L targets are achieved
- Mobilisation of new service contracts within defined timescales and budget
- Attending client and/or CCG provider performance meetings
Diagnostic World and their employees strive to provide high-quality services to their clients. In order to succeed in this role, you must have a strong attention to detail, good organisational skills and be able to work to deadlines. This role can be fast paced, so you must be a self-starter who is able to work with minimum supervision and will take the initiative to learn new skills to effectively adapt to new systems and challenges. Strong communication skills are a necessity as you will be liaising with key stakeholders both internally and externally, given the nature of the role, you may also need to be empathetic at times. Experience in clinical services is desirable, but not a requirement.
You should also:
- Possess a clear understanding of activities that will impact regional P&L from an operational perspective
- Have experience in a project management/operations/supply chain/logistics or a similar role (around 2-3 years is desirable)
- Be able to demonstrate a good standard of using Microsoft Office suite (particularly Excel)
- Have a basic knowledge of data protection and information security compliance
- Hold a current, valid driving license and comfortable with 200+ mile journeys frequently
Salary and Benefits
- Mobile phone
- 20 days + bank holidays
- Company Pension
Training Opportunities and Progression
As the business continues to grow, there may be the opportunity for progression based on your performance.
Discovery Executive are the retained managing consultants. All applications will be processed through Discovery. We regret due to the high volume of applications we receive; only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews. In the event that you are unsuccessful for this opportunity, we may still be able to help you and we will retain your application and consider you for other opportunities.