A Payroll Administrator is required by a global investment bank to join the Payroll team, which is responsible for the accurate and timely payment of the Bank's permanent employees based in the UK and Ireland (UKI), Sweden and the Channel Islands.
Your responsibilities will include
- Planning and prioritising own workload to ensure accurate and timely processing and validating of the work in accordance with Service Level Agreement's (SLAs) and company procedures
- Entering and checking employee amendments, including starters, leavers, bank detail changes, personal data, ad hoc payments and deductions, and tax record amendments on the payroll system
- Providing second level support for any UKI and Sweden payroll queries, responding to employees via telephone, post, and e-mail
- Validating and distributing BACS salary payments each month
- Administrating tasks such as dealing with Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (HMRC) queries, providing data to internal Human Resource (HR) stakeholders, and filing/archiving data
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key internal stakeholders and external agencies
- Running regular and ad hoc reports from the Payroll and accounting systems for HR, Finance, and Internal and External auditors
- Liaising with colleagues, internal departments, and agencies as appropriate to resolve queries
- Working regular extended hours during the monthly Payroll cycle, and as ad hoc business demands dictate
- Assisting with the processing and end to end control of each payroll run, and of annual pay rounds and vesting share awards
You will be experienced in volume payrolls within a shared service environment and possess excellent PAYE and NIC legislative knowledge. You will have excellent multi-tasking, administrative and organisational skills and be a confident communicator. In addition you will need strong analytical and MS Excel skills, whilst any experience of SAP Payroll would be advantageous.