Westley Engineering are primarily a presswork business for automotive, aerospace and other industries, and also offer a range of services including Tool Making and CNC Machining. Based just outside of Birmingham city center minutes from the Aston Expressway in a modern purpose-built 20,000sq-ft factory. Having recently completed an acquisition and going through a period of growth, an exciting new job role has been created. We are now looking to recruit an experienced Works Manager with a proven track record of managing fast-paced production in a presswork environment.
Reporting directly to senior management, role responsibilities will include:
- Production management of Press Shop, Tool Room and Machining Shop.
- Planning daily production and effectively communicating it through daily meetings with the departmental foremen.
- Ensuring departmental production and delivery targets are met.
- Reducing downtime of all presses and ensuring maximum efficiency.
- Manage and prioritise press tool repairs with foremen.
- Problem solving any machinery or tooling issues.
- Process improvements - Identifying and leading change improvement programmes.
- Manage despatch department ensuring all delivery schedules are met.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record managing/planning production within the engineering industry. You will also have the following skills, qualifications, and experience:
- Experience of working in two or more production or supply chain areas.
- Background in engineering/press shop operations.
- Working knowledge of Quality Systems; either TS16949 (IATF) or AS9100.
- Possess strong communication skills and have the ability to take responsibility for team management.
- Competent using ERP System (Status advantageous).
- A general understanding of various manufacturing/improvement tools (Kanban, JIT, 5S, Kaizen, VSM, TPM, OEE etc.)
- A pragmatic individual who possesses a hands-on approach with a "can do" attitude and the ability to generate new approaches to processes and problems.
- 33 days holiday per annum
- Pension Scheme
- On-Site Parking
You will be asked to take a psychometric test upon successful completion of the first interview.