Our client has a requirement for a Freelance Transport Planner/Modeller to work out of there Birmingham office for 12 months.
Rates: from £30/hr up to £60/hr dependent on experience.
They have an impressive and thriving Transport Planning business in the United Kingdom, with the responsibility of delivering a wide range of project work for strategic and local authority public sector clients.
They also deliver a range of project work for private developers and transport operators, representing all modes and types of infrastructure.
The principal function of this position is to undertake:
- Transport planning, modelling and analysis tasks and management of project delivery
- The application of macro-transport planning software
- The delivery of transport projects and tasks to defined scope, budgets and timescales.
- Development of innovative modelling applications and procedures Candidate will be part of a regionally based transport planning team, for project work the candidate will report to individual project managers
- Proven interest in transport planning
- Evidence of being able to deliver diligently to an agreed scope of work and to time and budget requirements
- Proven capability in the use of transport planning software, such as VISUM and SATURN
- Knowledge and experience of WebTAG, Highways England and Transport for London guidance and procedures
- Proven capability in data analysis
- Proficient written and oral communication skills