Payroll / Accounts Assistant
Are you an experienced, forward thinking and driven Payroll / Accounts Assistant? Are you looking for an exciting and challenging new role? If the answer is YES, read on!
Our client is looking for an experienced Payroll / Accounts Assistant to join the head office team in Hixon, Staffordshire. The role is on a part-time basis working 20 hours a week (£8.25 per hour), Monday to Friday. Working hours can be flexible.
What will I be responsible for?
Reporting directly to our Accountant, the successful Payroll / Accounts Assistant will be instrumental in communicating effectively across the company to achieve all the objectives required within the role.
- Process weekly wages for 13 employees from time sheets and clock cards, resolve any queries with relevant managers and have an understanding of relevant rules regarding auto enrolment SSP, childcare voucher schemes etc.
- Submit RTI information to HMRC
- Produce reports and summaries as necessary
- Input weekly journals
- Issue payslips
- Perform credit control for sales ledger with 50-75 customer accounts.
- Maintain sales ledger entries by posting cash received, issuing legal letters and producing reports to detail status of any account beyond terms etc.
- Create new customer accounts using Experian Credit Checks to establish credit limits and maintain current levels of insurance.
- Produce sale invoices using in house finance system.
- Collect purchase invoices, code and input on regular basis, check statements to ensure all relevant invoices have been processed and obtain copies if necessary.
- Prepare BACS payments lists for input to bank.
Who are our client looking for?
As the ideal Payroll / Accounts Assistant, you must be trustworthy, discrete, reliable and flexible. You will also have:
- Highly effective communication skills, confident and professional telephone manner.
- Excellent IT skills
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Team player - liaising with other departments e.g. marketing, purchasing, quality and sales.
- Flexibility - be flexible with other duties to suit business demands, e.g. to provide temporary cover for other duties during holidays etc.
- Some knowledge of Pegasus Opera and Quick Books would be advantageous
- Minimum Requirement of GCSE Maths or equivalent qualification.
Our client are a SME Engineering Company within the fire protection industry that manufacture automatic sprinkler related systems and products. They operate through distributors globally. The challenge now is to manage change and promote the use of innovative/approved/sustainable products and services with a professional and effective sales team to establish and educate the market.
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in to the role of Payroll Accounts Assistant, our client want to hear from you. Please click APPLY below to register your interest and include CV and Covering Letter.
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.