SQL Developer - Data Team
We are the RAC. We take Data very seriously as this will help shape and progress our business over the next 5 years.
Due to new on going projects, we are now looking for a SQL Developer to come in to join the team at our HQ in Walsall, Birmingham.
We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running to help, design, develop and deliver a range of things around our data warehouses, marts for reporting and analytics using best practice and the strategic toolset.
The role will involve:
- Manage the build & quality of data marts and the Data Warehouse.
- Proactively support managers across all functions by providing creative and innovative solutions.
- Maintain an understanding of developments in RAC and supporting the integration of new IT developments in line with changing business needs. Effectively giving support and guidance to other colleagues.
- Ensure that any inaccuracies/inconsistencies in the formation are quickly resolved and that the integrity of the data is maintained.
- Communicate complex concepts and methodologies to stake holders with varied levels of seniority and experience.
- Understand all risks and processes for which they are responsible for managing
- Assure the adequacy of systems and controls for managing risk in all delegated and retained responsibilities
- Manage the above by production and receipt of regular MI and periodic quality audit reviews
Skills, Knowledge and qualifications
We are looking for strong SQL Developers who have experience in the following:
- Good experience in designing and implementing a SQL server Data Warehouse(s).
- SQL Server Data Warehouse implementations
- SQL Implementation of physical database models.
- Querying and stored procedure creation
- Codd Data Modelling Third Normal Form
- SQL Skills for selecting and reviewing data in the system Excel / Access for analysis.
- Reporting skills to be able to interrogate the reports that are being queried.
- Knowledge of Cube implementation.
- Dimensional modelling SSAS experience.
- DW ETL and development of cube structures.
It`s an exciting time to join our iconic brand. Data is top of the agenda so there is plenty to do!
The role is based at our Walsall HQ, just off Junc 7 or Junc 9 of the M6.