Creative Automotive Designer
Creative Automotive Designer - Colour and Materials - Competitive rate - Warwickshire
The Creative Designer will be responsible for designing and developing colour & materials for (Creation and Realisation) and SVO programmes from an interior and exterior point of view from Concept through to Job 1 and beyond. (Initially the role will be focused on Realisation content.)
Reporting to the Realisation Colour and Materials Manager. The post holder will be responsible for the development of interior/exterior body and trim finishes and surface materials in terms of colour, aesthetic and tactile qualities and the selection and application. A collaborative approach will be required to build on program ideas as projects move from Creation to Realisation, influencing the design direction of a project with a high degree of creativity and solutions that can be analysed, developed and lead independently. They will be required to negotiate against cost and feasibility issues to achieve customer satisfaction and detailed liaison with Interior / Exterior Designers, Sales and Marketing, Engineers and Suppliers.
They will also be responsible for agreeing design changes and communicating direction to team and suppliers and for coordinating suppliers to deliver on time. Flexibility will be required to carry out work on different programme activities dependent on business needs.
- Correct level of experience. Automotive Colour and Materials Production
- Software knowledge (Photoshop, Illustrator, VRED preferential) and willingness to learn Design visualisation package e.g V-Red
- Design Degree in relevant Design discipline
- Design Degree in relevant Design discipline and previous experience as a Designer in an automotive OEM Colour & materials Studio, or in Colour & Materials for other industries.
- Good aesthetic judgement, colour vision and colour perception.
- Ability to plan and undertake projects to a strict deadline.
- Knowledge of automotive materials, processes and suppliers with a high degree of competitor awareness.
- Ability to adjust to changing design, feasibility and cost requirements.
- Good communication skills and the ability to relate to all levels of staff and management and be a good team player
- Good use of English language and good verbal and visual communication skills.
For more information about this role, please contact Gemma Gregson at Jonathan Lee Design Services - . Alternatively, to submit your CV and portfolio, please email please state your notice period and salary requirements.