Lecturer In GCSE / Functional Skills English
Our client is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
In November 2016 our client merged with a local college. The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. They have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where they work with over 800 individual employers.
Their ideal candidate will be an inspiring lecturer who has a proven record of innovation and a proactive approach to delivery. You will have also demonstrated an understanding and sensitivity towards the needs of your learners and used this to help them reach their true potential.
Based in their cross college English and Mathematics department, they are looking for individuals who are enthusiastic, self-motivated and a team player. As well as relevant experience, you will be qualified with an English or related degree. You will have achieved or willing to work towards a teaching qualification at Level 5.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Play an active role in raising the standard and awareness of English across college.
- Deliver excellent standards of teaching and learning across all areas within the curriculum area.
- Engage in core duties including preparation, marking, monitoring student progress, preparing reports, setting and marking of examination papers, developing and preparing flexible learning materials.
- To be involved in marketing of the College, Faculty and Department.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Has a degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
- Holds a teaching qualification (PGCE / DTLLS or equivalent).
- Is well organised and able to manage the peaks and troughs of a varied workload.
- Is able to communicate effectively with students and peers.
What's in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 37 Days Annual Leave (plus bank holidays and a 2 week Christmas closure period)
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, they welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
How to apply
To apply for the role of Lecturer in English, please click on 'Apply' and complete an online application form.
The closing date for completed applications is 29th October 2017.