Graduate Loss Adjuster - Competitive Salary + Benefits + Company Car
Crawford & Company are renowned for their claims management expertise. They work in partnership with their clients through shared values and enthusiasm for service excellence and to jointly focus on what matters most to our customers. Their great training, combined with a commitment for continued development is a core value and they are now seeking like-minded claims professionals who share their passion and will excel in their work.
We are looking for a graduate with an accounts, finance, legal, surveying or engineering degree that has a keen intetest in pursuing a career in Major and Complex loss and becoming a Loss Adjuster. The position is based out of our Birmingham office and you will be given full training in becoming a Loss Adjuster and assigned a coach and mentor to help you.
Benefits include: 22 days holiday, competitive salary, company car after 1st year, Monday to Friday 09.00 - 17.00, pension and save as you earn scheme.
- To provide technical support to M&CL Loss Adjusters to manage a variety of complex claims from cradle to grave in a manner that supports the customer and partners our insurer clients brand and values.
- To develop skills to undertake a comprehensive investigation to establish cause of damage /extent of loss and cover, setting a strategy with the customer for case conclusion understanding each individual demand and likely outcomes.
- To work in collaboration with internal teams to understand and prioritise what matters to the customer - ensure quality visit takes place by undertaking value add preparation including case management plans as claims progress.
- To ensure that time spent adds value to the claims life cycle - learn and apply expertise to undertake value work (instruct suppliers and experts as appropriate) to ensure right time, right place activity takes place to control costs and reduce indemnity spend.
- To take responsibility for every claim personally handled and enhance customer journey by ensuring all parties are kept informed and work collaboratively with key stakeholders to build on end to end flow.
- To ensure the claims journey is fully documented and actions validated on the Company's Bespoke Claims Database and internal systems for effective recording and auditing purposes.
- To prepare meaningful reports, including policy analysis and liability, quantum and actions that support effective claim conclusion.
- To build strong relations with colleagues, brokers, and suppliers to ensure seamless claims handling service.
- To be the customer facing representative of the Company and promote the Company's ethics and values
- Sound knowledge of the claims handling process - demonstrates knowledge of how the claims notification, investigation and settlement process is managed for a complex claim.
- Sound knowledge of the principles of insurance, and the related insurance products and services - demonstrates understanding of the core principles of insurance and how this is applied to claims management.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of insurance regulation and laws which affect insurance practice -demonstrates understanding of regulatory requirements and how to meet these on day to day basis.
- BHons or BSC Graduate
- Insurance qulification (ACII or ACILA) but essential to show commitment to study and gain knowledge.
Please apply below if you have the relevant qualifications required.