Quantity Surveyor - BAM Nuttall - Midlands
Quantity Surveyor - Boston, Lincolnshire.
Required to work on major civil engineering project in Lincolnshire constructing a new flood barrier in Boston. This is a 3 year, NEC3 Option C contract.
Your key activities will include:
• Manage, supervise and mentor your "reports".
• Maintain effective communication with project management, senior QS, sub-contractors, client, and supply chain.
• Contract vetting.
• Processing payments and inputting into dispute resolution.
• Monitor cost of site resources.
• Produce monthly / quarterly cost and value reports, and cash flow information.
• Provide input into project performance and strategy reviews.
• Ensure timely production & presentation of adequate levels of applications for payments in accordance with the provision of the conditions of contract.
• Provide advice to the site team regarding all project issues.
• Attend and provide input to project start-up and close-out meetings.
• Assist with the production of insurance claims.
• Time and workload management.
• Provide input to project risk profiling and management.
Your qualifications and experience should include:
• Knowledge of quantity surveying to corporate member level of ICES or RICS (preferred) or equivalent.
• Successful experience at Section QS level.
• Evidence of involvement in and understanding of basic contract law and contractual obligations.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.