2 x Property Maintenance People
- 22 Days Holiday
- Your Birthday as a complimentary day off
- Mobile phone.
- Fully Expensed Company Van.
Elysian Field Ltd is a rapidly growing Accommodation Services provider, specialising in providing accommodation and support services to young people, including assessment units and Residential Children's Homes.
Elysian Field provide accommodation and intensive support services for a wide cross section of young people aged between 16 to 24 years, some whom have newly arrived in the UK and are seeking asylum (UASC) or have refugee status.
We require a Property Maintenance Worker who holds a non-judgemental attitude and have a good knowledge and understanding of cultural sensitivities and equality and diversity. Some of the young people we work with can demonstrate challenging behaviour so excellent communication skills, high levels of diplomacy and a thick skin with broad shoulders are essential skills.
You will be reporting to our Property Manager who also has extensive experience in doing this role and who will allocate jobs according to priority. You will be expected to complete job sheets on-line including before and after photographic evidence
Most of our properties are in the Coventry area, so whilst our offices are in Edgbaston living in or close to Coventry would be a distinct advantage.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Assess and carry out general property repairs
- Inspect unoccupied properties with the Property Manager
- Decorating (Painting etc.)
- Door Hanging, including Fire Doors and re fitting
- Sourcing/obtaining supplies and raw materials
- Some elementary plumbing (excluding Gas and any appliances)
- Furniture moving into/out of storage (heavy lifting may be required)
- Property Cleaning - including deep clean where required (Training will be given)
- Engage and work with other property professional Services (Electricians/Plumbers/Gas Fitters etc.) for larger and/or more technical requirements
- Liaise with our Property Manager to ensure that all aspect's relating to individual properties are communicated and understood.
- Maintain a good diary, have clear and effective communication (both written and oral)
- Facilitate in-house workshops for our tenants to provide basic household repair skills
This is considered an 'essential van user' role and you must be prepared to travel. A company van will be provided. A clean driving licence is essential.
It is also important to be aware that a high proportion of our properties are above ground level with no lift access. As our properties are spread throughout the West Midlands, with a large proportion of them in Coventry. Therefore you must be willing to commute across the West Midlands to and from the properties. .
Due to our company expanding it is essential that you are a team player, and are able to clearly communicate with all members within the team.
Attention to detail (administratively, orally and observationally) is essential, must be computer literate and able to use MS Office applications and good communication skills. You will also be provided with a mobile phone, tablet and Bluetooth headset.
Ability to work to deadlines is an essential part of the job, as is the ability to use your own initiative, to complete jobs.
A sense of humour is essential!
You will be required to undergo an Enhanced CRB check.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please send your CV together with a supporting letter highlighting your skills and experience explaining why you feel you would be an ideal candidate for this role.