Ocean & Air Freight Transport Controller
SF Group are recruiting for a Transport Controller to join a business located in Burton. The role is to start ASAP, so you will either be coming to the end of a role or immediately available.
This opportunity would require you to have experience in both Ocean and Air Freight. Truly an excellent company to join, where you will learn a lot, progress if the role goes permanent, and work with some very experienced individuals.
What will you be doing:
- Execution of the day to day operational tasks over all modes (Air/Ocean) to support the business as usual activities ensuring a high quality of service
- Create & tender collection requirements to predefined carrier base over all modes Air/Ocean) utilising the companies web based system
- To provide a key operational contact for all stakeholders - customer, supplier, carrier, the companies operations
- Execution of business processes in support of Control Tower operational activity (Accurate shipment booking and execution, systemised management of on-time collection and delivery)
- Working within a wider team collaborative support of continuous improvement and cost saving initiatives
- Ensure that all aspects of the business operate within defined corporate and legislative requirements
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with the customer and carriers to ensure all operational KPI targets are met
- Operational processing of transport insurance claims
- Support the achievement of operational performance as defined by customer contract and KPIs
- Work closely with the senior Transport Coordinator to ensure that all operational activities are completed effectively and on-time
- Build trusted relationships with service providers, off-site colleagues and customers to drive supply chain success
What will you need:
- A good degree of computer literacy, with knowledge of MS Office including Excel (intermediate), PowerPoint and Word
- Effective communication skills (at all levels) - good listener and effective in communicating ideas to support the development of good Customer relationships
- Ability to demonstrate logical thinking and work to pre-defined processes
- Strong and effective self discipline and proven ability to prioritisation of workload and organisational skills
- International freight experience desirable
This is a 6 Month Contract which has the possibility of going permanent afterwards.