RM Fleet Apprentice Heavy Vehicle Technician - Coventry Hub HGV
Job reference number 80754
Some 47,000 vehicles - including 6,000 HGVs & Trailers - make our fleet one of the largest in the UK. To keep it efficient and effective whilst also supporting our commercial external maintenance expansion plans, we rely on a crew of vehicle technicians to handle everything from changing wheels to implementing aerodynamic design and keeping up with rapidly changing vehicle technology including electric vehicles
- Largest independently owned workshop network - 110 locations across the UK
- Award-winning - Recognised by the industry for our determination to improve efficiency and reduce carbon emissions
Over three years, our Apprentice Heavy Vehicle Technicians learn through on-the-job training and classroom learning. We take young adults with a flair for mechanics and engineering, and turn them into automotive experts.
- Three-year programme, starting Sept 2018
- Study on a new approved employer designed apprenticeship standard for Technicians who service and repair heavy vehicles including trailers. This standard replaces the SASE Level 3 framework
- GBP11,818 - GBP18,692 starting salary (dependent on age and location), rising annually
- Training undertaken throughout the programme with an industry leading Apprentice training provider at their designated technical training academy
- Includes driving lessons if required
- Three GCSEs (or equivalent) including Maths, English and Science, at grade C or higher required
We are an inclusive employer with equality, diversity and fairness at the heart of our values. We welcome applications from individuals from all different backgrounds and are committed to promoting fair participation and equality of opportunity for all of our job applicants.
Apprentice, Transportation, Technician, Engineer, Entry Level, Operations, Technology, Engineering