Senior Therapeutic Residential Support Worker
Role: Senior Support Worker Children Residential
Contract: Full Time Contract
Salary: starting GBP18,120 plus Sleep in allowance GBP4,200 = GBP22,390
up to GBP21,190 plus sleep in allowance GBP4,200 = GBP25,390 (range dependent on experience, salary will increase on a salary scale once employed)
Overview- Senior Support Worker Children Residential
I am recruiting for one of Safehands prestigious clients based near Herefordshire
The organization are recruiting for a number of Senior Support Worker in a residential setting working with children to play an integral part of the multi disciplinary team supporting children who have a range of complex needs including Emotional Behavioral Difficulties, ASD, Challenging Behavior, who have potentially already been within the care system between residential and fostering placements.
You will be working within a breath taking scenic rural setting in an environment that has been specifically adapted and beautifully decorated to ensure the warmest homely, therapeutic environment.
With the support of an experienced, passionate and knowledgeable Registered Manager, you will have the autonomy to develop your knowledge and skills set along with the ability to progress your career with access to QCF level 3 & 5 in children & young people.
Roles and Responsibilities- Senior Support Worker Children Residential
- The ability to work as a key member of team.
- Provide high standards of person-centred support and care to our young people
- Through a creative and caring approach, you will build good relationships with both service users and their families, supporting them in the planning of goals and in living as independently as possible.
- Ability to support new staff and encourage development through the team
- Maintain a high standard of policies, procedures and Safeguarding
Person Specification- Senior Support Worker Children Residential
- Previous experience of working with young people with challenging behaviour
- NVQ Level 3 Children's and Young Peoples Workforce- MUST BE THIS SPECIFIC QUALIFICATION
- Team Management
- 12 Months experience within a similar Role
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective organisational capability
- Full driving licence for a minimum of 3 years
- Great team player
- Flexibility to respond to the changing needs of those who we support
- Strong "can do" attitude
- Minimum 23 years of age
Benefits - Senior Support Worker Children Residential
- Access to QCF level 5 in children and Young people.
- 25 days Holiday + 8 days bank holiday.
- Immediate entry into the company Pension Scheme with company contribution.
- SMART Childcare Vouchers - A tax efficient salary sacrifice scheme with vouchers paid for reducing your gross salary.
- Just drive scheme - A salary sacrifice scheme that delivers you a brand new car (insured, fully serviced and maintained) while saving Tax & National Insurance on your monthly payments.
- Benefits for you - Over 8,000 retailers to choose from, offering a wide range of discounts, high street vouchers and gift cards, online vouchers and cashback offers.
- Within the healthcare division, enhanced Maternity pay in line with NHS.
If this exciting role is of interest to yourself please apply immediately or call Sarah-Jane Phillips on or email