Materials Assistant - Permanent
Our Redditch based Client is a UK owned and managed business with nearly 70 years of product history. They produce products for the UK and export markets and over the last 5 years, this multi-million pound business has grown by over 60% and they are delighted, due to expansion to present an exciting newly created role for a Materials Assistant.
The overall purpose of the role is to ensure that the supply of materials meet the production schedule and minimum stock levels to ensure operational and production continuity. Also, that the business is able to deliver efficient, effective and flexible solutions to meet production requirements. You will maintain strong relationships both internally and externally to ensure the supply of materials meets requirements.
On a day to day basis you will work under general supervision, reporting on to the materials manager.
Your key responsibilities will be as follows:
- Schedule the supply of materials/components to meet production requirements & minimum safety stock levels
- Plan, develop, implement & evaluate processes for material delivery from supplier to point of fit
- Assess volume requirements against planning assumptions
- Day-to-day order management and management of deliveries
- Understand and manage risks to minimise impact on production schedule
- Take follow up actions in relation to material shortages that affect production
- Implement all processes to agreed standards & targets and support continuous improvement initiatives and identify areas of improvement
- Utilise the IT system that is in place & ensure that data is accurate and up to date and resolve any issues as required
- Monitor the integrity of Bill of Materials (BOM) & manage inventory accuracy
- Support inventory checks to validate inventory accuracy
- Minimise obsolete stock & ensure business is left with minimum liability
- Create regular statistical reports/analysis and update others in the organisation
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to forecast, plan and facilitate on-time materials to the production line as and when required, avoiding disruption to production
- Generate and communicate supplier material delivery schedules and forecasts to ensure they reflect requirements and meet demands
- Develop and maintain good relationships with suppliers and ensure demand for materials is met and deliveries made on time
- Develop and implement processes and work with suppliers on continuous improvement initiatives
- Support assessment and sourcing of suppliers in conjunction with members of the purchasing team
- Support supplier meetings and negotiations to ensure demand for materials is met
- Resolve supplier concerns and evaluate supplier performance in conjunction with members of the purchasing team
Our client is looking for an assertive, optimistic, resilient person who welcomes change and engages interest and participation of others and proactively contributes to the team. Also, someone who is self-aware and has a collaborative approach to working with others; shows moral courage, openness and honesty in all dealings and is self-motivated and able to work under pressure. Additionally someone who is a good communicator with the ability to form and maintain good relationships internally and externally, has strong interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills. They also require commercial and financial awareness with a full understanding of how failure impacts the costs, production, manufacture and customer order fulfilment. You will also be results orientated and organised with the ability to plan and deliver against deadlines and have strong analytical, planning and problem solving skills with an excellent attention to detail.
Our Client seeks a candidate with the following qualifications and experience:
- GCSE Level A-C
- Previous experience of materials planning is required
- Good understanding of supply chain processes and their interdependencies
- Understanding of supplier relationships and some experience of working with suppliers
- Strong IT systems knowledge and skills including advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge and experience of using MRP (Material Requirements Planning) systems or similar would be advantageous
- Knowledge of lean techniques would be hugely advantageous
Please Note: When applying for a position online, please understand that whilst we review all CVs and applications that are sent to us, due to the large volume that we receive on a regular basis, we can only respond to those candidates that have been successful with their application. As such, if you do not hear from us within 14 working days, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful. We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause. THE Agency (Recruitment) Limited.