Salad & Herb Sales / Despatch Support Person
This person will provide support by building good relationships with the customer and assisting to manage the account internally and externally.
Will help to drive and optimize the business development. There are very good prospects for someone able, willing and enthusiastic to take on and manage the department in future years.
As part of this industry is built up and depends on operating during holiday times, peak trading times and weekends - we are looking for someone who is happy to cover those periods with liberal financial reward. Time off can be taken in lieu at nonpeak periods.
With consumer tastes constantly evolving, you will gain knowledge and understanding of how to stay several steps ahead, receiving hands on experience to embrace new challenges and opportunities; whether it is developing fresh product ideas or finding new ways of working with the customers.
Key areas of responsibility:
- To identify and drive sales opportunities and enhance both the customer and the business performance through a proactive approach to business development.
- Manage the new and existing product development process proactively from start to finish - and support year on year growth.
- To assist the existing team with customer growth strategies for Core and Speciality produce, sorted by individual customers
- Order processing for the business
- Support the team on general account administration
- Use sales data to drive insights and commercial action to grow sales
- Use and help with internal data management and reporting
- Use forecasting, help manage the link between product and sales
- Work with the existing team on how to manage and influence customers along with the opportunity to take part in customer reviews and visits
- Support the process of negotiation and business development opportunities
- To align customer requirements with business objectives; providing a sales plan that is shared and monitored periodically.
- Assist Packhouse operations during holiday times, peak trading times and weekends
- Proactive and flexible approach to work .
- Excellent telephone manner .
- Ability to accept change and priority manage - according to weather, seasonal, market circumstances.
- Readiness to work on a share of Bank holidays and other difficult trading times is critical.
- Strong understanding of customer relationship management
- Understands customer requirements
- Commercial Awareness
- High level of numeracy
- Strong interpersonal skills / relationship building
- Excellent communication skills (oral / written)
- Confident presentation ability
- Good IT skills
This is an good opportunity for a driven, self-starter who wants to make things happen in a fast paced and exciting industry.
- Good quality, preferably with some qualifications .
- Some Sales in the Fresh Produce Industry would be good, but not essential .
Required licence or certification:
- Full UK Driving Licence
By applying for this role you accept the iProfile terms and conditions (terms) and agree to receive email notification of other suitable jobs