Temporary Procurement Officer
Our prestigious client based on the outskirts of Newcastle-under-Lyme has a position for a temporary Procurement Administrator within the Procurement Office. This position would start at the beginning of October to cover potential long term sickness (anticipated approximately 3 months).
- Carrying out tenders, including any Official Journal of European Union (OJEU) tenders, call for competitions etc as and when required, for a varied spend portfolio
- To contract manage significant commercial contracts and negotiate when necessary
- Attend and represent the Procurement Department at internal meetings as and when required - ie Value for Money meeting, Environmental Sustainable Focus Group meeting etc
- Provide professional procurement support and advice relating to all procurement activities to internal and external suppliers
- Supplier Terms and Conditions, vetting, negotiation etc
- Any other procurement related task which may arise
Qualifications and Experience
Reporting to the Interim Director of Finance and IT the candidate must be MCIPS fully qualified, with significant procurement experience at senior professional level, across a broad range of categories, ideally within Higher Education sector.
Ability to embed best practice and value for money, thought the procurement process and able to continue effective relationships with internal stakeholders and external suppliers.
Full-time: 36?? hrs