Quality Assurance Associate
Quality Assurance Officer
12 Months FTC
The purpose of the role is to:
Undertake detailed testing activity through a combination of call observations; review of supporting paperwork and direct contact with customers used to assess the business quality; identify regulatory issues & materiality of customer risk in relation to mortgage & protection advice. Seek to continually promote treating customers fairly principles by identifying emerging customer risks; hotspots and making recommendations in order to proactively manage risk.
* Responsible for undertaking detailed risk based reviews of mortgage and protection solutions through a combination of call observations; review of supporting documentation and direct customer contact to provide assurance of right first time customer outcomes & appropriate advice has been given.
* Exercising judgement, demonstrating active listening and using own knowledge and experience to ensure appropriate customer outcomes. Enhanced decision making skills required to establish the materiality of risk on cases providing clear guidance on customer remediation activity and colleague development.
* Through direct customer contact ensuring appropriate questions are asked so that comprehensive information is obtained in order to establish true customer impact/risk.
* Identify and interpret outcomes and provide written and/or verbal recommendations in a clear, concise and objective manner in order to ensure risks are clearly identified and follow up actions can be made
* Provide clear, concise and value adding feedback to drive business performance and support colleague development. Providing insight on what advisers should do differently to enhance the customer experience and calling out training & development requirements.
* Taking accountability for any key risk decisions made and supporting the delivery of all reporting where required
* Identify, escalate and make recommendations on practices or issues which represent a customer and/or conduct/regulatory risk
* Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Business Operational Risk Framework and internal Business Policies and Standards
* Support the Senior Quality Assurance Manager and Quality Assurance Manager with stakeholder activity to help inform any requirements from the FCA and other external regulatory bodies
* Be a 'Go -to' expert referral on customer risk and the risk drivers associated with a range of mortgage and protection products and services being provided by frontline teams. Support the evolving knowledge and requirements from the FCA and UKRBB and have an awareness of the current external risk environment in financial services
* Undertake analysis of MI and other data to establish root cause of issues; provide insight on adviser performance and establish whether high risk; analyse information to make an accurate judgement on the risk of customer outcome and identify hot topics to address performance improvement putting forward proposed solutions.
* Achieve successful delivery and provide accurate, current advice and appropriate support to customers and colleagues by proactively developing the necessary knowledge and skills
* Assist Quality Assurance Manager with identification of any non-adherence to policy/procedures & establishing materiality of risk in customer outcomes.
* Collate outputs from reviews for use in the production Management Information; root cause analysis; trend identification and assessment of risk.
* Maintain robust management information system to record and monitor business performance
* General administrative tasks/duties where required, including co-ordination of sampling activities
* Participate in any relevant audit and regulatory activities providing walk through and technical support to third parties
* Take ownership and monitor own performance and develop knowledge and skills that I need to be the best I can be in my role and my career with the business.
* Proactively contribute to embedding change management initiatives in support of process and quality improvements and cost reductions
* Support the team to operate within cost budgets making recommendations for 'working smarter'
* Support the Quality Assurance Manager in delivering effective performance development for individuals within the team
* Act as a role model and drive proactive application of Business Values & Behaviours both personally and throughout the team and coach and support colleagues within the team
* To act as a mentor, trainer and point of reference for new and newly qualified team members
* Work closely with the Quality Assurance Manager and the wider Quality Assurance Team, to deliver exceptional performance across the 'wider' team
Key Skills Required:
* CeMAP 1,2,3 or equivalent and continue to meet the minimum regulatory standards for a mortgage adviser
* Detailed knowledge of Group mortgage and related products and the mortgage solution process
* Detailed knowledge of Mortgage, General Insurance and Banking codes
* Experience working in a retail or compliance environment
* Capable of working effectively in a variable working environment
* Strong risk analysis & decision making skills with ability to probe customer to establish risk
* High level of computer literacy and PC skills
* Tact and diplomacy
* An ability to work under pressure within strict time limits
* Analytical skills required to assess customer situation & appropriateness of advice
* Time management
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to negotiate and influence opinions
To apply for the role, send your CV to Alex in the Manchester office alongside a suitable time to talk.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.