General Ledger Team Manager
My client are a global organisation, a member of the FTSE250, they are at the very top of their industry. Hugely successful, they enjoy consistent growth, supplying some of the foremost organisations in the world.
- Oversee the daily activities of the Financial and Accounting team and reviews accounting documents for compliance with accounting standards
- Perform general accounting activities, including the preparation, maintenance and reconciliation of ledger accounts and financial statements, such as balance sheets, profit-and-loss statements and capital expenditure schedules
- Review designs, evaluates, and implements complex accounting programs
- Oversees and evaluates, analyses, reports and/or corrects multiplicity accounting fluctuations to ensure proper decision making
- Implement strategies aimed at accomplishing department objectives while aligning with company's goals
- Research industry trends and drafts accounting procedures
- Lead and directs work for team of employees as defined by business needs
- Manage staff selection, performance, development and training processes to ensure team competencies and capabilities to reach the business goals and expectations
- The successful candidate will have previous experience of General Ledger accounting
- Ideally you will hold a accounting qualification, however candidates who would consider themselves Qualified By Experience will also be considered.
- Previous experience of managing at least 1 member of staff is essential
- Previous experience of working with SAP is also required
What's on offer?
GBP35,000 - GBP39,000 plus benefits package