Our client is a UK, West Midlands based chemical company which stock and supply chemicals and acids from the leading British and International chemical manufacturers as well as manufacturing a range of 'own brand' products specifically formulated. They now seek to recruit a professional with a working history gained in providing technical support to the in-house team, and also customers to meet their technology and approval needs.
- Management of the technical relationship with the allocated customers at all levels within the customer base.
- Ensure clearly defined and documented quality and technical assessment processes, procedures and controls are in place across the company.
- Auditing of the factory environment and activities to enable full assessment of standards being achieved and any weaknesses to be identified.
- Ensure all own label specifications and factory specifications are completed to customer and legal requirements
- Reporting of technical performance of the customer, both internally and externally. Ensuring relevant internal personnel are fully aware of technical status and issues which require their input to improve.
- Provision of technical guidance, training and support to other departments, developing awareness and understanding of technical issues relating to the customer.
- Working with Customers / Statutory Bodies, implementation of legislation and Customer standards. During factory visits and audits, providing information required and implementing corrective actions where necessary and providing formal responses.
- Work closely with Production and service departments to drive improvement in technical standards and performance (product, process and environmental).
- Investigate and evaluate options for new technologies and innovations. Ensure coordinated implementation across sites
- Ensure all letters of complaint are dealt with correctly and efficiently meeting the customer standards and timescales.
- Product / process / environmental improvements to meet Customer and legislative requirements.
- Analysis of microbiological and chemical results / trends and determination of corrective action / preventative measures as required. Ensure this meets the customer and legislative requirements whilst meeting budgetary needs.
- Ensure visit / audit reports are completed for customer meetings and monitor that site have addressed and closed out the Non-Conformances in a timely manner.
- BSc Chemistry or related field
- Proven experience in understanding Technical Support functions, applying best practice techniques and standards
- Project Management expertise within a customer interface setting
This is an excellent opportunity to a join a well-established international business, at an important stage of growth.
A highly rewarding career and financial opportunity is available to the successful applicant. (Salary dependant on experience)
If this exciting position seems like the ideal role for you, please apply now!
Due to the high volume of interest in this role, we can only reply to successful candidates.