Category Marketing Sales Activation Manager
Our client are a fast paced business services organisation based in Tamworth. They are looking to appoint a Category Marketing Sales Activation Manager based from the Tamworth office. This role is a fixed term 12 month basis covering a maternity contract but realistically could be made permanent.
The Category Marketing Sales Activation Manager will take ownership for specific campaign / promotional definition, creation and preparation for implementation. The role will work closely with the Campaign Manager and the marketing team based in South Wales office.
This role is looking for a motivated and talented individual, with a passion for effective planning and delivery.
- Create and implement a campaign calendar working in conjunction with the category marketing team.
- Develop specific activity by industry that maximises market based opportunity for the company.
- Develop a detailed process to implement as the 'blue print' for campaign creation and definition.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of our customers and key routes to market as they influence activation
- Conceive NEW activity across the designated range within the company portfolio, to drive leads and sales activities within this area.
- Develop a campaign strategy to optimise the ranges and maximise revenue & profit potential.
- Through research and field visits fully understand the customer experience. Identify key competitor and market trends for the largest industry verticals
- Create buy-in for the campaign vision both internally and with external partners.
- Work with the internal stakeholders (Sales / Marketing / Data / Finance etc.) and conduct campaign analysis within the vertical industry categories.
- Conduct campaign delivery reviews with suppliers on a pre-agreed timetable
- Work with Core marketing and the Campaign team to report and implement best practice.
- Education to a degree level in marketing or business
- Marketing related experience with expertise in product management
- Ability to work with source data to interpret into a business case
- Strong market analytical skills (range analysis/market scoping)
- Proficient with various stages of the procurement cycle from definition to reporting
- Experienced with new product development and launches, so they can turn the proposition into a winning campaign.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Experience delivering results within a competitive marketplace
- The ability to analyse and manage the service & product business portfolio to build a credible campaign strategy
- Use data and information to make appropriate recommendations & facilitate solutions